Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Using V5 maps on Memory Map for Android
  • Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Specifically, for my Samsung Galaxy Ace.

Installed (for free, which was nice) with no problems.

Followed the instructions on where to put my old V5 maps (Downloads, Memory Map folder) and not sure where to go from there. I’ve tried selecting ‘all maps on device’ but it doesn’t recognise anything.

Any ideas?

snaps
    Free Member

Are you using Memory Map or a third party reader?

nickjb
    Free Member

Try mmtracker. The free version let’s you check it works then the £5 version adds better usability

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    simonfbarnes
    Free Member

as far as I can make out it’s poo and cannot find any maps, even in its own folders 🙁 Use mmtracker as suggested.

it says:
    Any new Memory-Map QC3 maps just as the new Ordnance Survey 2012 range can be copied or downloaded to your device to use in the FREE App.

For older QCT style maps you’ll need to purchase the ‘Classic Map Compatibility’ feature.

though I can’t find anywhere you might actually buy that…

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Memory Map website reckons my device should find any maps stored to the SD card and offer me the classic map feature. Doesn’t recognise the V5 maps though. I’ll try this mmtracker business.

Cheers.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I tried it and had the same issue. They claimed to me that if it found v5 maps, it would offer me the option to buy the add-on to read them, but it doesn’t, even if I put my map in the same folder as the one it downloads 🙁 Still awaiing a further reply from MM.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Me too. Emailed them on Saturday.

MMTracker didn’t work either. 🙁

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

MMTracker didn’t work either

oh? It works fine with my v4 maps but I’ve not actually tried v5…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

they say:
    “Map files must be placed within the Downloads/Memory-Map folder in order for the app to see them.”

but note that it should be “Download/Memory-Map”, at least on my tablet…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

and now:
    “Create the directory path Download/Memory-Map on the external SD card manually”
    just testing it now…

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

“Download/Memory-Map”

That was actually it. MM created it on my SD card, so I’m not sure creating another folder will matter.

Maybe I should just buy a Garmin.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Using V5 maps on Memory Map for Android’ is closed to new replies.