Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Using my Garmin 500 for running
  • Weasel
    Free Member

I normally use the Strava app on my phone for running and the Garmin 500 on my bike, due to my phone playing up I deleted the Strava app and now my phone won’t let me re-install it.

Anyway…I’m doing a 10k run/race tomorrow and was thinking of putting the Garmin in my pocket and recording the run and when I upload it to Strava just change the activity from ride to run.

Will the data be correct once I change the activity?

Thanks.

AngusWells

I use mine for running. Yes, it’s fine for recording your times. In Garmin Connect you can select the activity as Running and it will convert your data into mins per km, etc.

Longer term, you can get a watch strap that will work with the 500 albeit the display will be 90 degrees out. Put Forerunner strap into Amazon and it should come up.

njee20
    Free Member

Weirdly my 705 automatically changed to running when I uploaded it, very odd. But yes, it’s fine.

Weasel
    Free Member

Thanks for the quick replies 😀

jonba
    Free Member

quick fix. I played around with the o ring twisting it to get it more secure. I just wanted a neck strap for my 800 so I didn’t drop it when out walking.

I use my 800 for recording walks and it is fine. Gets a bit confused if you hold it in your hand and it moves a lot but doesn’t affect the overall data, just which way you are facing if you stop.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

I use mine all the time with the Forerunner stap. Useful tip is to get it to auto lap every km or mile as this gives you excellent feedback on pacing, (providing you know your desired splits).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Using my Garmin 500 for running’ is closed to new replies.