Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Using MOT Comp 2
    Free Member

Any other testers out there having to try to us the new MOT 2 setup and I hope you are haing more luck than me. Taking longer than the one set up which used dial up.

gordy90lpg
    Free Member

Yeah been using it for a week , was terrible today and had to use contingency testing for a while , wasn’t that bad last week but it deffo takes longer to register fails than the old system , plus various glitches , should get better hopefully soon !

Free Member

If only about 3000 out of 20000 mot site on the new setup god help use and I see comp 1 been down as well today.

gordy90lpg
    Free Member

Didn’t realise that was the numbers that have transferred to the new system , if that’s the case don’t know how it will cope with the extra traffic ! Trouble is that it’s a busy time of year for this crap !

benji
    Free Member

We transfer today, was looking forward to it, but having seen above comments not so much now. Got a couple of retests coming that I failed under the old system so be interesting to see how they get on.

Free Member

I see they have turned the feed back button off as it worked when I emailed Friday to ask why I had done to be logged out for 30 minutes and got an answer ie I got the log in wrong 5 minutes in short time so watch that one. I woukd if people have been sending in the wrong sort of measage. You just have seem to learn how it works as you go. 1 thing I am doing is writing down the first use date as well as the cc before you log off to do the mot. If it ask you to put in the class of the vechile you then do not have a brake test weight and you do not get this either if the MOT 2 does not know what the car is.

benji
    Free Member

Well if you failed them using the old VTS device, if you then transfer to comp2, it’s a complete new test required, there is no crossover of databases.

I was able to purchase more slots under the old system, now system with no role changes I now can’t.

It’s totally rubbish as far as security, colleague clicked yes to remember my password now all I need do is put the first letter of his username and it does the rest for me. I can also log tests on from home outside of hours, no messages about it, it’s just wide open for people to do some very naughty things.

Free Member

I am now writing every pass mot again the test slot in a book to cover my self. I wonder how long before some kid gets into it some how with all the differant ways and devices being used and we find every car in the country has a new mot. I will not click the save password as I heard some one has been done for this. Finally starting to remember my pin code.

rc200f8
    Free Member

We change over to comp2 next friday. Can you produce duplicate and replacement certificates on it, I’ve not found it in the training version.

Free Member

I could not do a dupicte for any thing last Friday as we changed over Thursday but tried again yesterday and found I can now print a dup for a car I had just done on Comp 2 and also printed one for my car which was last tested in Jan . Not tried a replacemant. Found you are not allowed to use the word screw ie screw in tyre tread as it is flaged up in red but you can have nail in tread. you have no idea that there is no brake weight for a car till you enter the results which has happened on a few. I am writing down the CC and first use date before you log off to do the test as you may need it. if a car comes up with no class against it you then put in 4 and then have to enter your pin to log that change and you do not get a brake weight for any of these. There just seem to be stuff you think am I doing it right. I am glad we had an old bloke not turn up on the first morning and 1 did not turn up in the afternoon as it let me catch up as I am again try to find the fail iterms as every thing has moved and is in a silly order. web site keep going off yesterday and took 20 minutes just to get one fail result in and kept have to redo my log in. Looks like the freedback button no longer works as I think they may be getting a lot stuff with it a the help desk is a waste of time as you can not get thought. I keep thinking we will all be screwed when we get a visit for doing things wrong but what training has any one had my last refresher was well over 5 years ago now. Seems a few people are worried about how slow it is at time with may be only 3000 test stations on line out of 19000 and I am waiting till next week on the 12 th as it seems a day a lot are changing.

benji
    Free Member

Today’s little test was you couldn’t print certificates for a few hours, and they have changed the roles for being able to buy slots excellent, and they call it progress. Getting used to it to use but it’s not perfect.

rc200f8
    Free Member

We’ve got our last day of comp1 tomorrow, then the chaos begins….

benji
    Free Member

Todays special treat, is the brake weight percentages, it thinks that I’ve got a Golf with 5,273% service brake efficiency, and 1728% on the parking brake, correct numbers have been entered. In other news printing and logging in seems ok at the moment. So fixed what wasn’t working and now broken what was 😆

benji
    Free Member

Another day of disrupted service, it’s just appalling. Big IT projects are rolled out by companies all day long, you don’t get this issue with eBay, Amazon, etc, and they have thousands of users with millions of products, all searchable. Whats the mot system at best three or four databases stuck together, unfortunately by muppets. 👿

rc200f8
    Free Member

Two days of contingency testing 🙁

benji
    Free Member

The phone lines are a joke, you are waiting ages to get any response.

gordy90lpg
    Free Member

Went back into work at 9 tonight to try update my contingency tests , got one thru system then it crashed ! It just ain’t funny now as you spend more time worrying about the paper work than testing the car ! Looks like another day of the same stuff tomorrow , here’s the ct number 0245DDBC

benji
    Free Member

Is this where they put up another front page and call it planned maintenance? It’s worse than a six form students it project.

rc200f8
    Free Member

Blimey, it only worked for a whole day yesterday despite dvsa saying it was down!

benji
    Free Member

Worked for me as well, but have already received a contingency code for today!

rc200f8
    Free Member

Worked again today but already been sent Saturdays code!!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Using MOT Comp 2’ is closed to new replies.