Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Using CX tyres on Tacx rollers, will I (or my tyres) die?
  • 13thfloormonk

First CX race today and my warm up strategy has hit a bit of a snag, in as much as I can only take my CX bike (had hoped to be able to take a second bike with road tyres).

I know turbos aren’t great for normal tyres due to heat and deformation, but are rollers bad also?

Ta

BenjiM

Judging from yesterdays NWCCA Stage in Northwich lots of folk were using Tacx Antares rollers, placed on blocks of wood, using their CX bikes. Your main issue might be going close to the paddock, start line to be able to use your rollers depending on what the car parking is like. I took my rollers yesterday but I was parked quarter of a mile away so any warmup benefit would have been lost, as the race was the last of the day and we had to wait 30 minutes after the posted start time anyway!. And it was pissing it down! Still had a great ride though and I’ll be going again next week, can’t wait! 🙂
    Some clubs had taken Gazebos to shelter in which is a great idea if they have a lot of riders. May be worth doing if you’ve got a few mates going if you’re not in a club.

kilo

I always found mine much worse than the turbo, can you not use a road wheel in the back at least you’ll not need a back brake.

ferrals
    Free Member

Just warm up on a nearby road?

13thfloormonk

Yeah I guess, just wanting to justify the £50 I spent on a second hand set of rollers! 8)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Using CX tyres on Tacx rollers, will I (or my tyres) die?’ is closed to new replies.