Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Using an iPod during endurance events
  • wideload
    Free Member

What's the consensus about using an iPod during events like 10 UTB or Sleepless where only one ear plug is used so that you can hear fast riders approaching.
    Is this a complete no-no or is it acceptable?

bruneep

aye you better keep one ear open for me approaching at 10 UTHB.

trail_rat
    Free Member

no fuss have explicitely said no earphones during their events

no other race ive ever done has had a problem with me having one headphone in … how ever i find having my phone on loud speaker playing music on my pocket is good during these events – can still hear whats going on around you

Taff
    Free Member

The only thing I worry about is hearing someone asking if they can cone past. The volume on mine is set quite low anyway in case of cars etc while out riding. Not ridden in an event with earphones as I quite like the social aspect of it… Unless you have a bunch of loner wannabes out on the trails

nickc

I've used a shuffle on the night shift of any number of 24 hour races without any hassle, volume on low, you can hear fast boys coming up behind you now worries

radoggair
    Free Member

i always use an ipod but at 10UTB loks like my hands will be cut off if i do. I dont see the issue really, not like anyones gonna be overtaking me anyway 😆 😉

kimbers

noise canceling in ear headphones make it hard to hear people

votchy
    Free Member

Having watched a rider with an ipod hold up one of the giant team riders for quite a while at MM as he couldn't hear him politely asking if he could pass I can understand people being adverse to them

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Using an iPod during endurance events’ is closed to new replies.