Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • using a zerk fitting and grease gun?
  • sam_underhill

Just working out what grease gun to get for my new Turner – hopefully without ordering the massively overpriced turner specific one with the bent needle.

Please excuse my ignorance, but does the needle of the grease gun need to exactly vertical in the fitting, or will it work at a bit of an angle?

Dino
    Free Member

I use the old pace/ Dualco one and best straight on vertical

convert

Much better exactly perpendicular to the port. I can’t remember where I bought mine but whilst it’s exactly the same model it was not turner specific. Bent my own nozzle.

sam_underhill

It’s probably a bit tight getting it vertical on the bottom pivot fitting above the BB on my new flux. I’m not entirely sure if I’ll get a regular grease gun in there.

sam_underhill

How did you manage to bend it without it kinking?

sam_underhill

Actually wondering if this is slim enough to get into the fitting.

Dino
    Free Member

look at the 2 links in the above buddy
    the skate shop option looks good 😛

convert

patience, a little heat and an anvil.

sam_underhill

cool thanks. Not quite sure how I’d bend it yet. No access to any sort of pipe bender that would suitable.

Maybe I’ll just have to bite the bullet and buy the expensive tool to go with my expensive frame 😉

sam_underhill

cheers convert. “little heat” – like a small gas blow torch?

convert

I’ve got a forge to play with but I’d imagine a small gas blow torch set on high would do it, or even holding it in a pair of pliers over a flame on a gas hob. The tube is quite a high gauge in comparison to the diameter of the tube so not that prone to buckling.

granny_ring

I was going to send my thread but beaten to it. I still haven’t sorted one out yet so I’ll look at it again!

granny_ring

Sam, If you’re still looking, I’ve just the following:

Rock n Roll grease gun nozzle from wiggle
    long nozzle from billys
    M prep from Tredz

Hope that helps

nockmeister
    Free Member

Take heed from the great man himself DT, and don’t use PrepM…it sucks..it’s the stickiest sh*t known to man. Turner now recommend Super Lube, which is easier to get hold of (RS components).DO NOT PURGE ur bushes, ie stop pumping grease when it gets stiff, don’t allow grease to push past the seals.
    I used a small bore pipe bender,try ur local car garage as a brake pipe bending kit should work.

granny_ring

nockmeister, have you got a link to buy the super lube i couldn’t find it cheers

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘using a zerk fitting and grease gun?’ is closed to new replies.