Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Using a van as a shed – Insurance?
  • oliverd1981
    Free Member

I’m going to have to pull down my current outbuilding to make way for the foundations for my extenision and it’ll be a while before the extension and garage are completed.

I’m considering getting a ratty old LWB / High roof van, sornining it and parking it at the bottom of the garden to store the bikes, the mower and garden tools (most of which I’ll still need around until the garage is done) Obviusly I can beef up the security on the Van and it’ll probably be easy enough to rig up an alarm etc.

So far as I see it the advantages over a shipping container are that a van can drive in and be towed out – no expensive transport or lifting costs, and I should be able to get back what I paid for it.

I just wonder if there’s any way to insure the contents cheaply (bear in mind I’m too mean to add the bikes onto the house insurance)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I just wonder if there’s any way to insure the contents cheaply (bear in mind I’m too mean to add the bikes onto the house insurance)

House insurance is generally the cheapest way to insure you bikes, coming in much lower than standalone policies and normally covering things like away from home and in transport/outbuildings. So it that is too expensive for you then probably no.

spooky_b329

Ditto

njee20
    Free Member

My thoughts exactly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Using a van as a shed – Insurance?’ is closed to new replies.