Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Using a laptops DVD drive for transfer to Netbook
  • Chipbutty
    Free Member

Im looking to get a Netbook. However, I would like to install Memory Map onto it. Could I use my laptops DVD/CD drive to transfer the disc data across? and what sort of lead would I need if its possible.

Dont want to buy a seperate DVD drive for Netbook as I'll only be using it mainly for surfing web.

Thanks

tragically1969
    Free Member

In short, yes you can, but it depends on the operating system as to how you do it, just use a network cable to connect both to a switch or just use wireless to connect to a router, share the DVD drive on the laptop and with a little bit of tinkering you should be able to see it from the netbook

Edit: actually why dont you just copy it to a USB stick as suggested below, hell of a lot easier, if its on a CD it cant be much more than 750MB anyway.

dmetcalfe
    Free Member

you could copy the files from the laptop drive on to a usb memory stick/removable hard drive and then put that in the notebook. or if they are both on a network you could share the dvd drive, and then use it from the notebook.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Using a laptops DVD drive for transfer to Netbook’ is closed to new replies.