Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Using a Kronolog remote for My HiLo?
  • cookeaa

I’ve got an X-fusion Hilo, without the bar remote, which I’ve had for a while, I’m very happy with the post generally but I’m well over the crotch grab now (as you’d expect).

X-fusion’s own bar remote kits seem a bit thin on the ground so I was thinking I could easily use another brand’s instead (it’s just a lever to pull a bit of cable innit).
    From all accounts the Kronolog post is Gash, but their spare remote kits look reasonably priced and like it should do what I need…

Anyone tried a Kronolog remote (especially on a different post), or aware of another reasonably priced, cable pulling dropper remote I should consider?

acidchunks

Didn’t you get a remote with your hilo?

I reckon the remote itself would work but you’ll still need the parts to fix the cable to the post.

cookeaa

well obviously I don’t have a lever, why else would I have asked the question?

I Bought the HiLo cheap from Germany a bit over 2 years ago now, it was cheaper because I opted not to have the bar lever (Lesson learned), it came with the cable clamp for a remote lever and a couple of other handy bits (which I’ll have to dig out from the spares box) a cable tension adjuster and maybe a bit of that poly cable sleeving to stop it rubbing, other than that there’s not a great deal of extra hardware required to fit a cable all of which I already have knocking about.

I’m just looking for a suitable alternative lever really…

acidchunks

well obviously I don’t have a lever, why else would I have asked the question?

fair comment 😆

Sounds like you’ve got pretty much everything bar the lever and cable.

Truth be told I was considering ordering a kronolog remote to replace my original hilo one as it became “wibbly” not long after I bought it.

a quick measure of mine shows the lever moves about 8-9mm but the fixing on the post only needs to move around 5mm to actuate the mechanism.

If it were my money I’d take a chance on the kronolog, from the pics i’ve seen it looks like you’d get enough cable pull from one.

cookeaa

Late update

Success! (Eventually).

Got the remote, which for some reason also includes a seatpost clamp for the kronolog (change of colour scheme?) but could not locate the little lever arm that originally came with the post to allow the fitting of a cable remote… so I had to bodge one from a bit of 10mm bar, finally assembled it all last night and it actually works a treat…

I might look at making a slightly shorter arm or clamping the cable below rather than above the bolt, requiring less lever movement, (but decreasing leverage and needing a bit more force)…

But as it is the Kronolog remote works a treat on my HiLo… Joy!

Bodge:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Using a Kronolog remote for My HiLo?’ is closed to new replies.