Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Using a 130 hub in a 135 frame on a turbo
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

I want to put my power meter on the winter bike, but since I need the power meter for turbo duties I will need to find a turbo wheel that fits.

Current turbo wheel is non disk 130.. Winter trainer is 135 mm disk caad x.

Can I somehow bodge 5 mm of spacers on the non drive side of the wheel..and if so will this affect indexing? Can’t be assed having to sort that every time.. I have enough excuses to avoid the turbo as it is

Obviously it won’t be used on road.

Ta

cookeaa

Something like this?

Note, it will be offset, but it’s only for turbo duties…

joshvegas
    Free Member

Ate you proposing a 130 disk that fits your turbo. Then trying to fit to you disk bike?

You cannae do it because either you cogs or your rotor will be out of line.

Also disk in non disk frame might be an issue also?

Daffy

It’ll work just fine. The wheel will be off centre, but the indexing with work okay.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Daffy, I saw you made an adapter on another thread having had same problem. How did it work out?

Not many of those adapters about but it looks like an option.. Not sure I’d use it on the road however!

Not fussed about wheel being out of alignment, there is plenty clearance. Only concern however is will I be stressing the frame by running it off centre.. I assume not.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Assuming you’ve enough axle on the non drive side I can’t see a problem with one of those adapters. If you don’t have enough axle to fit into the dropout then you may strugle.

Edit, actually looks like those adapters might extend the axle, in which case, it’ll be fine as long as there is enough clearance.

smiffy

2×2.5mm would be better than 1x5mm shirley?

tpbiker
    Free Member

Nah, that would put the cassette out of line

ransos
    Free Member

When I changed the 130mm axle in a rear hub for a 135, I had to re-dish the wheel. Might not matter for a turbo?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Using a 130 hub in a 135 frame on a turbo’ is closed to new replies.