Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Uses for spare carpet
  • IHN

I’ve got loads in the loft from multiple previous recarpetings. Anything I can do with it instead of just chucking it in the tip?

thomthumb
    Free Member

carpet the garage.

make a wig/ merkin

soma_rich
    Free Member

line the shed/garge/bike fettling corner?

IHN

The garage has already had a bike-fettling makeover, I painted the floor with garage floor paint.

theotherjonv

open up a body disposal business.

davey_clayton
    Free Member

use it to scale a barbed-wire fence

chakaping
    Free Member

Roll it up and keep it in the loft until you move?

I’ve used bits to cover ground and keep weeds down before, but apparently this may not be a good idea due to chemicals in the carpet leeching out.

djglover
    Free Member

build some dirt jumps and carpet them?

druidh
    Free Member

Stick a couple of bits in the boot of your car. If you get stuck in snow, a bit of carpet under each of the driving wheels will often give you enough traction to get under way.

chakaping
    Free Member

That’s a good one, and you can use them to stand on while getting changed in the car park too.

IHN

Ah, changing mat, I like it.

MrNutt
    Free Member

make a tabbard!!

frenchie
    Free Member

Warming the soil and supressing weeds in the garden/allotment. Put on freecycle.

falkirk_mark
    Free Member

used mine in the car boot for chucking dirty gear on top (mtb gear dirty dog,stuff for tip)Also if working under car put some down on ground to keep warmer /clean

corroded
    Free Member

A merkin?

Macinblack
    Free Member

Glue a piece to your chin, makes you look rugged.

CountZero

I use a strip under my bike stand. Helps stop small items bouncing and disappearing between the flagstones on the patio. More comfortable to kneel on, too.

johnhoo
    Free Member

if it’s about 6 foot square you could put one of these on top of it:

thomthumb
    Free Member

merkin

Stoner
    Free Member

line the shed with it as a cheap form of insulation

mrmo
    Free Member

carpet country lanes? helps with the traction on ice.

skidartist
    Free Member

If they are a reasonable size see if there are any local charities/ recycling initiatives like Spuce here in Glasgow. There are places that can run an edging round small sections of carpet to make rugs too.

MartynS

is there enough to roll yourself up in it, then when guests arrive, have it dramatically unrolled so you end up at their feet?

johnhoo
    Free Member

cut small squares out & attach them to your feet. Then wherever you go, there’s carpet underfoot

MrNutt
    Free Member

dig a hole in your garden and live the whole of next week as a trapdoor spider?

skidartist
    Free Member

Dig a hole in you garden, or lift some floorboards, lay the carpet over it and wait for something hilarious to happen. Keep a camcorder handy

colande
    Free Member

pond liner protecter

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Uses for spare carpet’ is closed to new replies.