Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Useful iPhone apps for mountain biking??
  • Paceman
    Free Member

I've finally succumb to getting an iPhone (baaa… I know), mainly because my old iPod has given up the ghost.

Never used "Apps" previously but was wondering if there are any might be useful for mountain biking?

Rio
    JimBowen
    Free Member

I use runkeeper, the free version cos i'm a tight arse, and its great for tracking your rides. it keeps a record of your route, distance speed etc.

you also join the runkeeper community website and it stores your routes on your personal page where it shows a map of the climbs/decents and all the info from your iphone.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Paceman
    Free Member

Jim

Does it run the battery down quicker?

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Viewranger is imminent I hear, check it out.

Bikerat
    Free Member

Found memory map to be very good, bit expensive for an app but compared to paper maps at £10 a shot, good value when your out in remote area.

JimBowen
    Free Member

not sure to be honest as i haven't done any really long rides with it, usually 1hr 30 mins ish.

but i would imagine it will do. iphone battery life is poor especially when using apps.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Yes – 4 or so hour battery life in most GPS apps, and you can't just swap the battery like you can on a normal phone. I understand some apps may have slightly better battery life, but the GPS really drains the battery.

Joe

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Useful iPhone apps for mountain biking??’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts