Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Used macbook or new laptop?
  • jools182
    Free Member

Because I’m now in a smaller house, I was thinking of getting a laptop instead of setting up my old PC as it takes up too much room with the desk etc

I fancy a macbook but can’t afford new, so I was thinking of getting a used one

The other option is buying a new laptop

I’ll just be using it for internet, typing letters, storing photos

So used macbook or new laptop?

Mackem

I’d go for a laptop. I have a macbook Pro. It’s ok, nowt special really. It all depends inf you lare desperate for the Apple OS.

johndoh
    Free Member

And also depends on how much space you need. It will cost £££££s for a Mac with a decent-sized HD.

My brother in law just got a refurb one from the Mac store – a great saving from new and came with a 500GB HD (cost £949 I think) but I can’t see the justification myself – I bought a £300 Windows laptop with a 1TB HD and it is perfectly suitable for light home duties (and I use Macs all day every day at work and do like them).

jamesfts
    Free Member

Whats your budget?

Doesn’t really sound like you ‘need’ a Macbook but they are nice bits of kit. Could you stretched to a refurbished one to save the worry over 2nd hand?

I bought my 27in iMac from Apple as a refurbished unit about 5 years ago, saved a large chunk over a new machine and is still going strong and is in use daily. When bought it was indistinguishable from new and came with full Apple care.

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/specialdeals/mac

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Used macbook or new laptop?’ is closed to new replies.