• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by diz.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Used DUC 32`s
  • KevinPP
    Free Member

Picked up a secondhand set recently. Nice forks, light and seem to work nicely but they seem to be bloody noisy! Every spike on the trail you get a noise from the oil damper, and just pushing them down when stationary sounds almost like braided cables rubbing but it aint.
    Can anyone who has used these confirm they are noisy. Already had them apart and changed the oil etc but no change.
    Cheers

judderman
    Free Member

had a pair for 18months on a whyte the bike was ex demo, never made a noise, mate had a same type of bike and forks which were not well looked after (never cleaned etc) never made a noise either. suggest you get them serviced/checked as sounds like they might be getting damaged/serious problem.

tinsy
    Free Member

my SC32's have a nice oil sloshy noise, its just the damping doing its thing, I never hear them out on the trail though so not that loud, can just hear a them a bit doing the ever useful carpark boing.

If you can hear them riding there is something not right I guess, or your part bat.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Got 2 pairs of sc32 and are both quiet apart from oil squishy noise. Might be worth checking the spring in the legs has still got the plastic (I think) cover on it still. Try a google on tuning tips.

snaps
    Free Member

Mine make a very faint 'chirp' on hitting bumps when travel reduced/climbing mode after changing to heavier oil to increase damping – I assume its just the thicker oil sqirting through the shim stack.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I've got 4 pairs of SC32's, when they start to make the "oil sloshy noise" I service them and it goes away 🙄

diz

My duc 32's make an oil transfer noise which is only the oil traveling though the shim stack which is normal they also make the chirp noise which is the shim stack opening and closing again normal. So long as they are smooth they are fine. Just ride and enjoy. 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Used DUC 32`s’ is closed to new replies.