Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Used car purchase, are dealer touch ups any good??
  • RustyNissanPrairie

a few moons ago went to have a look at a Citroen Picasso at a main dealer.
    The car was as received and was full of shopping trolley/supermarket dents&dirty.

Didnt leave a deposit viewed again after they’d popped the dents/spruced it up and bought it. They/someone did a good job.

As previous – check the V5, ring the ‘old lady’ and ask a few questions. Or end up speaking to the receptionist at Hertz.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Sounds a bit expensive at that Renton.

For comparison, I bought a 13 plate 163 Business Edition estate last month with 36k on it for about that money. Touchscreen satnav, privacy glass, etc and a factory-fit detatchable towball (never used by the look of it).
    OK it’s not the tit-X you’re after but do you really want those expensive silly-low profile tyres and 19″ wheels? They’re very harsh.
    And the leather doesn’t wear so well on the examples I looked at (inspect the piping closely).

renton
    Free Member

Was that a zetec or titanium ?

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

zetec business edition. Good compromise on spec. You get all the nice toys but without the leather, the expensive harsh tyres and the push button start.

bigG
    Free Member

dude if your heart is set on a mondeo titanium estate then there are loads on autotrader for around £10k. You might not even have to travel that far. If you are willing to travel then you can have your choice of them.

Kirckaldy close enough?

Don’t buy a car if you don’t think it’s right.

PS have you considered going to a car auction?

nemesis
    Free Member

To add to the above, I wouldn’t buy a Mondeo if you’re not certain – there are plenty about so you can be choosy.

Great car BTW, really happy with my Zetec 2.0 TDCI. Make sure you get one with parking sensors though – the curve of the bonnet and rear make judging the length of it a pain and as it’s a long car that can be a hassle. It’s the only car I’ve ever found awkward to park.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Used car purchase, are dealer touch ups any good??’ is closed to new replies.