Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • USD$26.74B turnover for USD$6Bn profit = 23% margin – not bad if you can get it!
  • psychle
    Free Member

Nice result Apple… And people berate and bash the Banks for their ‘obscene profits’ eh?! 😕

Onzadog
    Free Member

I don’t remember my taxes being used to bail out Apple recently. What should be the cut off point for profit then?

uplink
    Free Member

Good luck to them – as said – it’s not tax payers money helping them make profit & they aren’t exactly essential products

Although listening to some here you’d think they were

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cp

fair play to them.

donsimon
    Free Member

Business init? Cost of production, of say the iPhone, $150 and a sale price based on the brand image of say $500. Steve Jobs = AWESOME.
    There is no obligation to buy an Apple product but there is a very strong obligation to use a bank in modern society, and they can still screw it up. 🙄 And these are the people who have been used as the business role models. 😆

psychle
    Free Member

But when does ‘making a profit’ become ‘ripping people off’ eh? 😕

uplink
    Free Member

But when does ‘making a profit’ become ‘ripping people off’ eh?

It never does unless the product is a necessity & you have a monopoly

IanMunro
    Free Member

Normally when there isn’t an alternative, which in the case of apple products there always is.

psychle
    Free Member

Morally & ethically though? I just find something about it a bit obscene and ‘unjust’ for some reason… I know people don’t have to buy the product, there’s always a choice I guess… just something about it doesn’t sit right with me 🙁 It’s not so much the profit being made, it’s the margin of it against their overall turnover, seems excessive?

horatio
    Free Member

The margin seems excessive? Its healthy sure but in comparison to many companies thats by no means excessive.

Morally I think a companies first responsibility is to its employees. Money like that keeps r&d and aquisitions running and ensures a healthy future for the company.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘USD$26.74B turnover for USD$6Bn profit = 23% margin – not bad if you can get it!’ is closed to new replies.