Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • USB turntable or alternative.
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

Anyone recomend an effective but non pricey USB turntable? Newor S/H. Or is it possible to get the bits to connect my turntable/amp to my PC. All my favs are not availible on CD or download.
    1 experience of a USB jobby was that it either ran or recorded a touch slow. Once bitten , next time looking for recomendations.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Does your PC have a good soundcard with audio inputs? You may be able to just use Audacity (freeware) and plug a line out from amp into pc.

My laptop has no such electrickery so to connect my turntable/amp, I bought a k-world USB audio interface, basically just the size of a packet of fags crayolas, with phono in/out, optical in, usb and a little blue light. Worked just fine for me.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Hmm. Maybe worth a look. Any other ideas?

john_drummer
    Free Member

probably doesn’t tick the “non-pricey” box, but I have a Philips audio CD recorder in my HiFi setup – and a cassette deck to allow me to do the same for my old cassettes (those that are still worth it) as for my vinyl.

Cougar

If you have a deck already, any USB solution is almost certainly going to be inferior. I’d go with Julian’s suggestion.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘USB turntable or alternative.’ is closed to new replies.