Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • USB rechargeable lights.
  • Bazz

Looking to get a front and rear set of USB rechargeable lights, the only 2 i’ve seen at the moment are a Knog set (Boomer) and a Blackburn set, anyone used either of these and care to give some feed back? or any alternatives about? Budget about £40.

Cheers.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’ve got a Light & Motion Viz 180, 360 and Solite they’re all great but nowhere near £40, on the upside they cost nothing to run because I charge them when I get to work 😆

orangeboy
    Free Member

Second the light and motion stuff it’s stunning but for £40 you will only get the rear one

First ride last night with my new urban 550 it’s very Impressive

davegreene
    Free Member

I’ve a Raleigh Radiant rear light. 2 x .5 watt leds. Much brighther than the blackburn mars it replaced. It was about £16 on ebay.

For the front I have/had a Lezyne Superdrive. Was about €110 I think from bike24.de. Worked for about 5 months before i had to send back it for repair. Still waiting for it to return.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Have a look at niterider,
    http://www.niterider.com/minewt-mini-350-usb-plus/

G/f got one, it’s a few year old and kicks out good light, and the newer one has up graded leds etc.

richen987
    Free Member

I have been using a nitrider minewt for my commutting bike/ running, for the last 2 yrs, granted not the brightest, but for road stuff it is more than adequate, the occassional sortie offroad (canal paths etc) it is fine (not good enough for full on offroad mtb), helmet or bar mount, super light, i also use it for running as well and never notice it really.
    usb charge at work off the computer means i never have to worry about it running out, lasts over 2 hours. job done.
    think i paid around £60 for it in a sale from lbs.

GavinB

I’ve only used the Blackburn ones, and they were brilliant: light, tiny on the bars, charged easily and very bright. The front was ok on full power for unlit country lanes (just). I liked being able to take them on and off easily, when popping into shops etc.

The issue that killed the rear one (after about 2 years) was a run around the washing machine. The front still works fine though.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

I’ve got a rear knog boomer, had comments at time trials at how visible it is. Recommended

2orangey4crows

Been using the Blackburn ones for a couple of years. Very bright, easy to charge. The rear stopped working a few months back and was replaced free of charge – they have a lifetime warranty. Would highly recommend them.

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

Not sure if they come in to your price range , but the new Lazyne micro lights are really good.
    Used mine off-road with no issues yesterday

fizzicist
    Free Member

Exxxxxxxposure Maxxxxxxx D or whatever the misspelt thing is called has a USB charger.

Good light too.

chiefgrooveguru

All the Exposure lights charge off USB now. I have a Blackburn Flea set and they’ve been deeply annoying and unreliable, not a good purchase.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘USB rechargeable lights.’ is closed to new replies.