Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • USB Charging Bank Thingys
  • MrGrim

You know, the batteries that you charge up and take away with you and charge your stuff off it via the USB ports. I borrowed a friends when I was in Canada and it was great, but I forgot to get the technical details so I could buy my own.

I have a phone (iphone 5s) and a small compact camera that I like to charge when traveling. Ideally I’m looking for something that will charge these twice over and won’t set itself on fire. I see lots of power options 2600mAh, 30000mAh, 50000mAh.

Any recommendations on decent ones that will do the above?

Cheers

jamiep
    Free Member

there was a thread on here last month called “Best portable phone charger?” Usual recommendation is an Anker from Amazon

MrGrim

Nice one, thanks. Apologies for adding another thread on the subject

hels
    Free Member

I bought a pebble off amazon for £15 recently. Did the job !

scotroutes

hels – I have a whole beach-load of pebbles you can have for £1 each….

andyg1966

Best one I’ve seen
    RS power bank

I’ve got one, works really well. Biggest electrical capacity, great for tablets.

philb88
    Free Member

Charges an iPhone from 0-100% at least four if not five times on one full charge. Also has a display showing percentage of charge left.
    Bought one a couple of months ago and been used every week since, worked faultlessly!
    Also has two USB outs so two items can be charged at once. Enough battery power to do two full ipad charges so should be ideal for a iPhone and camera

Were £25 on SportPursuit a couple of weeks ago, don’t know if they still have them

peterfile
    Free Member

Best one I’ve seen
    RS power bank

I’ve got one, works really well. Biggest electrical capacity, great for tablets.

Really?

This one has double the capacity, more power and is much cheaper.

Admittedly it’s 100g heavier though.

tonyplym
    Free Member

Another vote here for the Veho one linked to by philb88 – from SportPursuit @ £25. Used it recently while “off grid” in Kyrgyzstan to recharge GPS and camera batteries – worked well, and recharged quickly.

andyg1966

peterfile, Thats a good spot. Mental reference updated, thanks.

brassneck

If you want the other end of the scale, just got a portable jump start battery from Halfords for £40. It has a USB charge port and 12v DC out.. and is about 12AH and 10Kg 🙂

Good for camping trips though, can run the airbed inflator in the tent to top up, charge the phones etc. without ofeering the car a chance to flatten itself (its fave hobby).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘USB Charging Bank Thingys’ is closed to new replies.