Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • USB C charger
  • twicewithchips
    Free Member

I had my eye on a usb-c charger such as this that I want to use to charge my laptop and phone while travelling. I liked the Anker one because it seems to have a removable radio/fig 8 cable that I could swap when abroad.

Any good alternatives or real life experience?

Also, my AV warns me about the anker website’s certificate (maybe it thinks I missed a letter off?) is that coincidence or related to availability?

AlexSimon

Anker stuff in general is excellent. I would recommend.
    Have no experience of USB-C though.

morphio
    Free Member

I have this very charger. Works well, happy with it. It sits in our kitchen is often charging a number of phones, tablets, garmins and bike lights.

USB-C works well with my pixel phone, but haven’t tried with anything higher wattage.

twicewithchips
    Free Member

Thanks guys – morphio: am I right in thinking the cable comes off the back, so I could swap plugs for different countries’ wall outlets?
    Just need to find stock now…

Cougar

Anker stuff in general is excellent. I would recommend.

+1.

Also, my AV warns me about the anker website’s certificate

Probably a false positive, it looks fine to me. What’s the warning? (Come to that, what’s the URL you’re going to?)

Del

we’re a fan of anker in this office, and my colleague mentioned just today he had one of their usb c chargers he rated.
    there’s a joke in there somewhere, surely?

morphio
    Free Member

As far as I remember, yes. Will take a look when I get home tonight to check.

twicewithchips
    Free Member

I got a revoked certificate message at http://www.anker.com (careful with the dots, ho ho).

morphio
    Free Member

Yep, standard fig 8 that comes out the back.

sillysilly
    Free Member

Bad certificate can pop up if your date / time are incorrect. Anker are legit, always been good for me over similar 3rd party brands.

mattyfez

As long as you are sure you are going to a genuine site.

I’ve got a few Anker accessories and I’ve got no complaints. Cheaper stuff is available but Anker stuff isn’t that much more expensive.

I did buy a grey import phone battery pack rated at 20,000mah, it doesn’t perform any better than my 5200mah Anker, and it doesn’t weigh what I’d expect it to for a large battery pack, it does work but I’m guessing it’s got smaller capacity than what it said it had. And it doesn’t have the adaptive charging that Anker has.

twicewithchips
    Free Member

Cheers folks, much appreciated.

CountZero

One thing to watch out for, that popped up on Flipboard today, is that if you don’t keep an eye on the portable powerpack chargers, USB-C is set up in such a way that if the pack only has a small charge left in it, and you don’t unplug the phone as soon as it’s finished charging, then the powerpack can start drawing charge back from the phone!
    http://www.androidcentral.com/we-need-some-power-options-usb-c
    The wallwart linked to by the OP should avoid that problem, though.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘USB C charger’ is closed to new replies.