Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • USB-C cables – a minefield
  • sam_underhill

I need a few usb-c cables to leave around the place to charge my new Nexus 5x. I bought a couple of cheap-ish cables on ebay and they are bad. The usb-c connector doesn’t fit very will into the phone, unlike the cable supplied with the phone. This seems like a not-uncommon complaint looking at many different cables on amazon. So it seems like a big brand (Belkin) usb-A to usb-c cable is about £15 (even more for a 3.1 spec cable), which feels a bit steep given how cheap micro usb cables have become. I also don’t really know how to makes sure I buy one that is a good fit without physically trying it.

belm
    Free Member

I’ve got the Nexus 5x and have bought a few of these, and they all seem to fit and work well.

Hope this helps.

sam_underhill

I guess there might be a particular style of connector used by some manufacturers that are a slightly different spec. Knowing those fit well solves that particular problem, so thanks, that’s really useful.

milko9000
    Free Member

I got a couple of the oneplus ones.
    http://oneplus.net/uk/type-c-cable

They’re really nice as well as cheap – reversible at the USB-B end too. Didn’t take long to arrive either (but I was a smarty pants and ordered ahead). Works fine with my 5X today 🙂

sam_underhill

oooo… the oneplus ones look fancy pants as well. Nice one.

squirrelking
    Free Member

The cost of embracing new tech, they’ll come down in price / up in quality soon enough…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘USB-C cables – a minefield’ is closed to new replies.