Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • USB adapter for Ipad
  • ebygomm
    Free Member

My mum’s birthday is coming up and thinking of getting her an adapter so she can transfer photos straight from camera to ipad. Anyone got any recommendations? There seem to be hundreds on amazon

Cheers

tragically1969
    Free Member

Erm, the Apple official one, it works, i can’t think of any reason to go to a third party manufacturer……

ebygomm
    Free Member

20% of the cost

Cougar

i can’t think of any reason to go to a third party manufacturer……

Price?

Third party ones work just as well (my OH has one) and cost about a tenth of the one with the picture of a fruit on it.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Well, it’s £25, i wouldn’t bother over that but if thats important to you then take your pick, i am sure they all work.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I bought a £3 one off eBay – works perfectly so no reason to spend any more other than longer term peace of mind.

GrahamS

I’d buy her the official one – since it is her birthday – yes it is over-priced, but buying your mum a £3 unlicensed knock off for their birthday is bit tight 😀

IvanDobski
    Free Member

^^^^^ that’s actually a good point.

Even if they get nothing else right Apple products do generally come in nice packaging!

ebygomm
    Free Member

We don’t generally do presents, but my 3 year old niece is visiting at the moment and she might be upset if Grandma doesn’t get anything 🙂

(And my dad will look up the price of the official one and tell me off for wasting money!)

GrahamS

Fair enough, maybe throw in the TV connector as well then, so she can show her pictures on the big screen?

iain1775
    Free Member

7 in 1 jobbie from eBay here, cost about £10
    Has several memory card slots, mini USB, TV out, HDMI out etc
    Works perfectly well, why pay more for an official one
    ‘fancy packaging’ woowhee that’s good innit given it ends up in the bin 5 minutes after opening, I would prefer little or no packaging if it’s greener

GrahamS

Actually the Apple packaging isn’t particular fancy for that adaptor.
    Thin cardboard box and a little double cellophane bag. Nothing special.
    (and probably greener than a Chinese knock off from eBay)

The main reason I’d go for an official one is that it’s a present and I wouldn’t want to look cheap. But not an issue for the op so carry on.

(I actually have the official one, but it was a gift too)

nealglover
    Free Member

Well, it’s £25, i wouldn’t bother over that but if thats important to you then take your pick, i am sure they all work.

I’ve got a packet of biscuits here you can have for £25.

Exactly the same as normal biscuits, but I’ve out a sticker on that says they are somehow special so worth more.

PayPal gift please.

Trekster

The Apple one comes with a USB adapter and a card reader….bogof 😉

nealglover
    Free Member

I’ll throw in a Twix with the packet of biscuits then 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

to repeat the above …

The Apple one is £25, it’s your Mum’s birthday FGS

In the pack you get an SD card reader and a USB connector. I use the SD card reader, works very well.

zippykona

We have the usb connector and it makes downloading pictures from our camera a doddle. What else can it be used for? I am a total numpty but it won’t connect anything else I try.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

to repeat the above …

The Apple one is £25, it’s your Mum’s birthday FGS

In the pack you get an SD card reader and a USB connector. I use the SD card reader, works very well.

So get her the cheap one

7 in 1 jobbie from eBay here, cost about £10
    Has several memory card slots, mini USB, TV out, HDMI out etc

that does more and a couple of big SD cards and some flowers and maybe a bottle of something nice.

Cletus

If her camera uses SD cards then you could buy her an Eye-Fi card instead of the adapter.

http://uk.eye.fi/products/connectx2

It is basically an SD card with WiFi built in which can upload photos wirelessly to an iPad, PC o various on-line photo services.

I have one and it is great.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘USB adapter for Ipad’ is closed to new replies.