Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • USA version of CRC / Wiggle etc
  • m0rk
    Free Member

I’m on holiday for a couple of weeks in Florida, and wanted to dodge some tax buy some high quality parts, to use on holiday.

Any suggestions for mail order places?

Thanks in advance

Mark

stewartc
    Free Member

Jensonusa

d45yth
    Free Member

Only consider American stuff really or things that are in a sale – anything else isn’t necessarily cheaper…a lot of Americans buy from Chain Reaction.

TooTall
    Free Member

PricePoint
    JensonUSA

What he said. I now live in the USA and still order stuff from CRC (Reverb was cheaper than I could buy anywhere over here).
    If you’re on holiday you’ll have trouble getting them to deliver to somewhere that isn’t the billing address.
    You’d be better off looking for LBS near you and seeing what they have on sale – but most American bike shops don’t seem to carry that much stock. A national chain like Performancebike.com tend to have regular offers and deals if there is a branch near your holiday accommodation.

BillOddie

To be honest, many things are cheaper in the states…bike kit isn’t necessarily one of them any more.

Chris King is a bit cheaper at Jenson than CRC but probably not enough to warrant the hassle.

Better off “saving” money jeans, trainers etc etc etc.

m0rk
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips guys

It’s not the hefty cheapness I was hoping for! As suggested, I might just hit the local LBS, Bell helmets seem a lot cheaper over there.

Jeans & trainers & Oakley’s well up on the usual list of things to acquire… As well as seeing what Black Friday panic buying can deliver

reedspeed
    Free Member

I too have recently comeback,and came across everything too tall has said ref billing address against card etc.

Problem is ,there’s not many hills or trail centres in Flow rider …or bike shops !.

Best of luck..

d45yth
    Free Member

Regarding what folk are mentioning about getting stuff delivered to a different address – can you just use PayPal and register the address with them?

RickDraper
    Free Member

Universalcycles or bikerbob

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Speaking to the chaps in a LBS in Georgia the other day….

“People can buy Sram or Shimano stuff from Chain Reaction cheaper than we pay for trade price! What the ***!”

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

“People can buy Sram or Shimano stuff from Chain Reaction cheaper than we pay for trade price! What the ***!”

thats the same for loads of stuff the big mail order houses sell. Trade + Vat on an Easton Haven stem is ~£36, CRC are doing the silver one for £20. Similar trade+VAT price for the Easton haven bar, CRC were doing them for £23 a couple of months ago. I bought some and they even came in aftermarket retail packaging which I wasnt expecting at that price.

stumpytrek
    Free Member

Cambria Bike Outfitters worth a look too. Not so many bargains these days compared to a few years back though.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘USA version of CRC / Wiggle etc’ is closed to new replies.