• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Kit.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • USA Hire car Insurance – Someone explain please?
  • slackman99
    Free Member

Evening all, off to the states in September and are hiring a car for 2 weeks.

I’m at a loss with all the various insurances.

Basically, don’t really want to end up with any liability so ‘think’ we need LDW/CDW.

Was thinking about getting the basic package and then adding some extra insurance from a 3rd party (e.g. Questor).

All the 3rd party insurances seem to say they are LDW excess policies, which implies I would have to at least have some level of LDW for them to pay the excess on (so would have to buy extra insurance on the hire car).

Am I reading it right?! Can someone explain it to me please?!

br
    Free Member

If you want the safest option, use the insurance from the hire car company you hire the car from – anyone else will bring in an element of risk.

Kit
    Free Member

http://www.carhire3000.com/

Any quote from these guys includes all the insurance options, and at no (or minimal) extra cost compared with going direct through one of the hire firms (National, Hertz, etc.) They have a free phone number too, and were very helpful to me when I called up about a one way and additional driver under 25, and gave a decent quote too.

I know that doesn’t specifically answer your question, but unless you’re on a really tight budget I think they will come good with price for all inclusive insurance = you don’t have to worry about it 🙂

edit: in BBC stylee, other price comparison sites are probably available…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘USA Hire car Insurance – Someone explain please?’ is closed to new replies.