• This topic has 46 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by jhw.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • US retailers complaining about CRC and Wiggle
  • AngusWells

The whole article has got my goat but let’s just concentrate on two aspects.

Firstly, facts. There is no evidence given to say that 50% of CRC’s non-EU sales are going to the US. Non-EU includes European countries such as Switzerland as well as Asian Pacific markets including Australia. I have no idea what their sales figures are there and I suspect neither do CompetitiveCyclist. There is also no evidence given that Wiggle are selling the same amount as CRC in the US so the final figure of ‘almost’ $40 million exports (imports surely?) is spurious and scaremongering.

Secondly, global pricing policy set by US brands to ‘gain mindshare and marketshare’ (yeuch). A quick search of the on line global marketplace shows me I can buy a new 2012 model Cannondale RZ One Twenty XLR2 (just released so all advertised everywhere at full price) for the following price:

£2899.99 in the UK.
    €2799 in Belgium (£2404.82).
    $2319 in the States (£1487.91).

Now I accept that there may be tax to pay on the US price and that fluctuations in exchange rates may explain small discrepancies but this bike is not available a standard global price. The price benefits home market US customers.

So CompetitiveCyclist, get your facts straight and stop trying to dress up restraint of trade as consumer protection.

There, that’s got that off my chest. God Bless America.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Handyman what truck can do Ca to NJ in almost a day? Coast to coast is 3000 miles, which is 50hrs at a constant 60mph…

hora
    Free Member

Oops wrong post

Rorschach
    Free Member

I work in a bike shop in the usa and i can buy some stuff from crc cheaper, including shipping

Big woop.I work in a bike shop in the UK and I can buy some stuff from crc cheaper THAN TRADE.

theflatboy
    Free Member

what stuff, out of interest?

Rorschach
    Free Member

I bought a blackspire ring for £21.99 from crc.hotlines trade was £24+vat and postage.Rh ultegra sti’s,maxxis raze cx tyres,fsa carbon chainset,sdg I-beam saddle but still not as much as I buy off planet x!!

jhw
    Free Member

GATT?

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘US retailers complaining about CRC and Wiggle’ is closed to new replies.