• This topic has 272 replies, 66 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 273 total)
  • US Election
  • konabunny
    Free Member

I would hope the optimistic view is correct. The pessimistic view is this: Trump v Clinton results in narrow Clinton victory; Republican Party explodes; Clinton presidency is less than stellar; Republican Party learns from the last two elections, ditches old paradigms and finds its Tony Blair: a likeable smooth (minority? Female?) candidate that manages to keep her or his swivel-eyed lunacy under wraps…until the midterm congressional elections and the next presidential election at which point the sweep the board.

I appreciate this is probably the optimistic scenario for some people.

Northwind

Aside; return of an old classic

dazh

Just when you thought the macho posturing and childishness had reached it’s peak…

mefty
    Free Member

The only point I would like to make is that if you have small hands, your penis is bound to look big.

GrahamS

Just to annoy ninfan, it’s “Sassy Trump”.
    Usual thing: all words are Trump’s own, just the voice changed.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFSERNfT6N8[/video]

I’m less sure that all these words are his though:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gna7zaM4i-s[/video]

😀

dazh

Is it just me that thinks Clinton’s attacks on Trump will not be enough? In many respects it’s an easy campaign for her to run. She doesn’t have to be clever or watch what she says, she can just go for the jugular. Trouble is others have already done that and the voters are immune to it. Surely she needs Sanders on the ticket to give her some anti-establishment credentials? Would he even accept though? He would demand a high price in policy decisions which I doubt she’d be willing to meet.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Just watched Clinton and Trump’s speeches at AIPAC. A “head ot head” contest as it where as both addressed the same audience. IMO Clinton lacked sincerity and spoke poorly, Trump is Trump but he was the clear winner. As I watched them it was hard to imagine Clinton winning.

@daz Clinton doesn’t have the firepower to damage Trump, she tried to make reference to Trump’s comments about the Middle East peace process but Trump topped that by focusing on the Iranian Nuclear deal which even Clinton is bashing. Her association with Obama’s failed Middle East policies and the Iranian deal put her on the backfoot. Trump’s attacks on her and Bill’s behaviour are likely to be more effective than anything she can conjure up. I think we agree, its not going to be enough. Trumpmisn’t great but he seems to be more effective than the oppostiton be that Republican or Democrat

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Jambalaya
    Looking down the list of polls I can’t see much Trump
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/pres_general/

TooTall
    Free Member

Trumpmisn’t great but he seems to be more effective than the oppostiton be that Republican or Democrat

More effective at what? Platitudes and speeches without substance? The man hasn’t presented one solid argument for anything, never mind have any concept of policy and diplomacy.

binners

IMO Clinton lacked sincerity and spoke poorly

Difficult to look sincere about taking on Corporate America, and vested interests when you’ve been spending the previous few years giving talks to Goldman Sachs execs at $250,000 a pop.

The reason we are faced with idiots like Trump is because mainstream politics on all sides has consistently ignored the ‘Little People’ and fawned at the feet of the corporates, making all their wishes a reality. He stands as a testomony to their abject failure.

I posted this earlier on the thread, but its worth repeating

This is the problem now looming over established parties around the world. When facing candidates who revel in breaking every political rule – indeed, whose rule-breaking defiance is central to their appeal – nothing in the conventional armoury will work.

Still, the way to defeat Trump will not come through clever tactics or even the sharpest mockery. It will only come by understanding the roots of his appeal. Many of those rallying to his flag now are white, blue-collar Americans angry about jobs lost or wages frozen through globalisation and free trade; angry about faraway wars that seem to make no sense and fail to bring the catharsis of victory; and angry about an elite class apparently able to write the rules for its own benefit, gobbling up the wealth and leaving the taxes to be paid by the little people.

Trump’s Republican opponents can’t offer a remedy for those three wounds: they are too implicated in each of them.

That goes equally for Hil and co.

konabunny
    Free Member

Trump is also implicated – in fact, an active participant in – the first and third wounds, but that won’t hurt him.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@mike those polls don’t mean much at this point, its about who the nominees will be. To date there has been very little interaction between GOP and Democrats as they are focused inwards on nominees.

@binners, yes agreed

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Race/Topic (Click to Sort) Poll Results Spread
    General Election: Trump vs. Clinton CNN/ORC Clinton 53, Trump 41 Clinton +12
    General Election: Trump vs. Sanders CNN/ORC Sanders 58, Trump 38 Sanders +20
    General Election: Cruz vs. Clinton CNN/ORC Clinton 48, Cruz 48 Tie
    General Election: Cruz vs. Sanders CNN/ORC Sanders 55, Cruz 42 Sanders +13
    General Election: Kasich vs. Clinton CNN/ORC Kasich 51, Clinton 45 Kasich +6
    General Election: Kasich vs. Sanders CNN/ORC Sanders 51, Kasich 45 Sanders +6
    General Election: Trump vs. Clinton CBS News/NY Times Clinton 50, Trump 40 Clinton +10
    General Election: Trump vs. Sanders CBS News/NY Times Sanders 53, Trump 38 Sanders +15
    General Election: Cruz vs. Clinton CBS News/NY Times Clinton 47, Cruz 44 Clinton +3
    General Election: Kasich vs. Clinton CBS News/NY Times Kasich 47, Clinton 43 Kasich +4

chewkw
    Free Member

If That woman Clinton wins then Merica deserves to evolve into full fledged ZM with political correctness. That woman is disgusting! 😯

slowoldman

…and Trump is a cuddly ickle teddybear.

chewkw
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member
    …and Trump is a cuddly ickle teddybear.

Who want cuddly ickle teddybear? I don’t. 🙄

The world is not cuddly you know.

The world is full of ZM …

jambalaya
    Free Member

@mike right now the only polls that matter are Trump vs Cruz and Clinton vs Saunders. When the nominations are done and the discussions turn to GOP vs Democrat then you can look at those combinations. My point in referencing the speeches is that Trump outperformed Clinton significantly.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Can’t wait for a Trump, Kim Jong-Un encounter 😆

**** yeah booooooommmmmm.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

My point in referencing the speeches is that Trump outperformed Clinton significantly.

And my point was that despite that there is very little polling that suggests the majority of the people are swayed to Trump. I get the the nominations are not concrete but it’s the polling on the big question, part of me thinks you declare it doesn’t matter because it doesn’t agree with you.

Anyway we all know the dream ticket

chewkw
    Free Member

chestercopperpot – Member

Can’t wait for a Trump, Kim Jong-Un encounter

**** yeah booooooommmmmm.

I doubt that will be the case coz Trump will let Kim contain his population coz Trump knows we need to feed them if they are free.

Therefore, it is to our advantage that Kim contain his population.

Stop preaching your stooopid DeMON-cracy to other nations …

Ya, I don’t want to feed them …

edit: Did I say that Clinton woman is disgusting? Ya, she is … she is …

mikewsmith
    Free Member

No not at all, though we may just file it with the other crap you post.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@mike if Regan could be President then on an acting basis Spacy should be a shoe in, however I can’t see him polling well in the bible belt 😉

chewkw
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member

No not at all, though we may just file it with the other crap you post.[/quote]

Oh oh did I say something you do not agree? (in the tone of Samuel Jackson in Pulp Fiction 😆 )

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

@ chewkw – Yeah I doubt it will happen, Trump becoming president. But what a meeting of minds that would be!

When Jeremy Clarkson sweeps to power in 2020 all my dreams will have come true.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Bear Grylls as chancellor.

chewkw
    Free Member

@ chewkw – Yeah I doubt it will happen, Trump becoming president. But what a meeting of minds that would be!

The demon is inside them so if they vote Clinton, that woman!, to be the next President then they just have to bear with her …

Let China and Russia take the lead …

When Jeremy Clarkson sweeps to power in 2020 all my dreams will have come true.

As much as I think Jeremy Clarkson is funny I would be a lunatic to think he could be a leader … in BritLand realistically. BritLand is going to rot with EU if they maintain the current membership. You heard it from me first. 😀

Bear Grylls as chancellor.

Think he earns more being a celebrity than a chancellor with less headache.

Northwind

jambalaya – Member

@mike if Regan could be President then on an acting basis Spacy should be a shoe in

Martin Sheen For President Again

chewkw
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    Martin Sheen For President Again

Reason(s)? 😛

konabunny
    Free Member

http://gawker.com/national-enquirer-ted-cruz-has-had-at-least-5-extramar-1767002606

Things just got really dirty in the republican nomination contest

Edit: that’s not to say there’s anything true about the allegation. It just shows how aggressive and dirty the competition has become that the two camps are now pumping stories like this about their rivals

oldnpastit

@konabunny, that’s an interesting read:

That’s because Cruz doesn’t tithe. He and his wife donated less than 1 percent of their income to charity and nothing to churches, including to their own in Houston, according to tax returns from 2006 to 2010, the most recent Cruz has released.

Sounds like a bit of a freeloader.

konabunny
    Free Member

It does seem a bit weird that Reverend Lovejoy didn’t tap him on the shoulder and say “ffs Ted are your arms too short to reach your pockets?”

There is another story about Trump mistaking the tray carrying the communion host for the donations plate and chucking a bunch of money in it.

Neither of the front runners seems particularly religious. I almost feel sorry for the evangelical right, they must be spewing…

chewkw
    Free Member

Ya, anyone but that woman! That Clinton woman! … that is a disgusting woman!. 🙄

jambalaya
    Free Member

Indeed its taken a dive for the gutter. Trump doesn’t believe Cruz wasn’t responsible for the GQ cover re-print or more likley imo just thinks its a perfect excuse to get more personal and aggressive

ninfan
    Free Member

I’m seeing some conflicting information – is Ted Cruz a Mormon or not?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

As far as I know he isn’t,Mitt Romney is from the last go, looks like as an earlier prediction the republicans will tear each other to pieces in the primaries and that’s not going to look good for the bloody winner.

Each of these plays into Clinton’s hands (much to the disgust of chewkw up there) personally a steady, mature and thinking president would be welcome at the point the world is now.

konabunny
    Free Member

Clinton is reprehensible.

Cruz isn’t a Mormon. He claims to be a baptist, I think, although apparently he supports the church about as much as I do.

I think this might turn out to be a long game by Kasich or Rubio, who sweep back in at the convention because they’re neither loopy Trump or purportedly a shagger Cruz.

chewkw
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    Each of these plays into Clinton’s hands (much to the disgust of chewkw up there) personally a steady, mature and thinking president would be welcome at the point the world is now.

If they choose Clinton then the deserve all they get and the status of superpower will slowly change hand … time to pass the baton to the East.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You do seem to have some issues with female politicians chewy, very 1970s

chewkw
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    You do seem to have some issues with female politicians chewy, very 1970s

Nope.

No problem with female politicians at all so long as they are not attention seeking PC needy lefties.

Thatcher is great and strong and I would vote for someone like her anytime.

Of the current female leaders …

1. Merkel – crikey the spinster … uncontrolled emotion … so wanting to be liked and to be praised and to get her hands on the “noble peace” prize … so wanting to be worshiped.

2. Sturgeon – crikey do you notice the way her head moves/shakes when she is speaking? Is she trying to hold others at ransom by threatening for another independent referendum? FFS woman! Stop moving and shaking your heads when talking! This woman is not a clam woman … wind her up a bit more and you shall see her true nature.

3. Clinton – That woman! That disgusting woman! So so sooo needy!

🙄

jimw
    Free Member

Thatcher is great and strong and I would vote for someone like her anytime.

Well, knock me down with a feather and tickle me with it. I would never have guessed that.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 273 total)

The topic ‘US Election’ is closed to new replies.