Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • US car hire. Dollar or Aamo?
  • cp

Anyone with experience of either or both the above car rental companies in the states? Both similar ish price, Dollar a bit cheaper. They seem to include the same stuff from an insurance etc… perspective.

sidders34
    Free Member

Used both and have both been fine. If you try Alamo.co.UK/Brits you get a 10% discount. If you chose Alamo you can sign up for save time and go straight to the garage chose your own car and they sort it out at the barrier, saves queuing in the terminal. Not sure if dollar do something similar. I would probably go with the cheapest.

Chris

Flaperon

Alamo Gold every time for me. I get a discount through work but they can be found if you go Googling. Never been asked for ID. 🙂

spectraken
    Free Member

Have a look at carhire3000 and see how their prices compare. My friend booked through them whilst renting in the US and it worked out cheaper than going direct.

ventana_craig
    Free Member

Skyscanner the flights meta search company are great for finding the cheapest deal for carhire. They have a mixture of brokers and rental companies. They include carhire 3000 (rentalcars)
    Skyscanner

Just watch if booking through a broker they will offer you insurance to cover the excess. This isn’t from the rental company. If you need to claim. You get charged then you need to claim it back.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘US car hire. Dollar or Aamo?’ is closed to new replies.