Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Urghhhhhhhhh XBOX LIVE SUPPORT RANT!!
  • Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Recently I decided to buy an original xbox and as I used to have an Xbox live account on the 360 I decided to link my original xbox to my xbox live account. To my surprise it kinda worked however everytime I sign in it tells me I have a message but there are no messages so it signs me out. Sign in and the whole thing happens again.

So I call the xbox live support and after speaking to someone who clearly had no idea what I was talking about said he’d look into it and call me back. 2 days later I get a call and am told I need to create a new account on xbox live as I can’t re-use my 360 account with an original xbox (fair enough).

However I try and create a new live account through the xbox and it requires a subscription code although I put in my CC details. I then create a new account on the xbox live website and link that to my console and get the same problem as before with the message.

I have now called xbox live support again as you can no longer purchase the xbox subscription codes and they won’t help me as they don’t have any codes (surely MS generate them so they should have some) and as the original xbox is going to have it’s support stopped shortly they won’t help now although still within the support period.

It just doesn’t make sense to me. I want to create and use an xbox live account, prepared to pay and have entered my CC details but it won’t let me as a code that is no longer available is required!! Surely MS still want my money so if someone had any sense they would give these puppets on the phone a standard code that lets you sign up. The xbox live servers will still be live when the original xbox support stops so it’s not even that they are saving me some money!!

Standard MS stuff I guess, weird really as I can login to my licensing area on MS website and download any software I want but try and give them some money and they don’t want to know!!

samuri
    Free Member

I’ve found the whole xbox live setup to be extremely frustrating and over-complicated myself and the issues you’re having doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. If I were a serious online gamer I’d be extremely disappointed in the online xbox service and would have wished I’d gone for a PS3. But i’m not so I’ve just written it off as a bad job and don’t bother now.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Urghhhhhhhhh XBOX LIVE SUPPORT RANT!!’ is closed to new replies.