Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Urgent SLX brake caliper advice needed
  • BFITH
    Free Member

Putting a new caliper on to a rear SLX brake. Just noticed on the brake diagram shows 2 small seals (o-rings)either side of the banjo. Is this correct..because the new caliper didnt come with any and we dont have any from the old caliper. (either there werent any or we lost them when taking it off)
    Any help would be much appreciated….we’re mid repair!

coatesy
    Free Member

It’s correct, buy it as a kit and you even get an extra to replace the on you’ve accidentally damaged. May be worth checking your LBS for spares, they may have a few kicking around the workshop.

sillyoldman

You definitely need o rings. Should be with the caliper – last time I bought one, there were 3 with it. Couldn’t understand why there were 3 until I realised I’d pinched one between the caliper and the banjo…. That’s why there’s 3!

BFITH
    Free Member

We bought the caliper as a kit…came with bolts and pads but no o-rings…..

coatesy
    Free Member

Me too sillyoldman, fitted dozens in work with no problems, pinched my own though :oops:. think they come with the banjo type hose, not the caliper.

BFITH
    Free Member

theres one large o-ring that was between the cross head bolt and the caliper but this doesnt fit between the banjo and caliper…too big 👿

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Urgent SLX brake caliper advice needed’ is closed to new replies.