Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Urgent – Newcastle/Gateshead Garage recommendations
  • lemonysam
    Free Member

Hello STW’s all-knowing hive mind,
    Our car’s on the blink and the place we usually take it to is full up for ages so we need to find somewhere new. Does anyone have anywhere they’d recommend in the city centre/Gateshead/the west end?

It’s a vauhall astra if that helps.

Cheers,
    sam

GrahamS

I tend to just use the Arnold Clark on Scotswood Road.
    Probably not the cheapest but they seem to do a decent enough job (and usually valet the car as well)

Do you need a lift Sam?

legolam
    Free Member

DBM motors on the main road in Ryton have been great for me recently – not the cheapest, but they know what they’re talking about and have always had space to squeeze my dying car in and get it fixed ASAP.

P20

Bonellos on Stepney Bank, byker. He’s looked after my cars for the last 15yrs or so

warton
    Free Member

these guys have always been good to me…

Premier

lemonysam
    Free Member

Do you need a lift Sam?

No thanks, I’ve still got the bike/train. However my OH is somewhere on the comicly slow public transport route to the QE…

lemonysam
    Free Member

Thanks all, am currently ringing round in the hope of somewhere that can sort us today.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Express Garage in North Shields. Excellent service and completely trustworthy.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Thanks again, called most of those but the OH found somewhere in Prudhoe which could pick up and sort it today… hopefully not shysters.

ChrisHeath

Globe in Crawcrook are great, if you get stuck in the future. Speak to Karen.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Another recommendation for the Globe at Crawcrook. They were closed for ages after a fire last year, but I noticed that they’ve opened again. I was very happy with their service work when I used them pre-closure.

ChrisHeath

Yep, they’re open in Crawcrook again. They were working out of a small unit on Summerhill for a year or so, and still gave quality service there despite the limited facilities.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ll make a note of the Globe for next time.

teethgrinder

Was going to suggest Prudhoe auto care. Mark is canny. Helped the wife out when she reversed into a massive truck…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Urgent – Newcastle/Gateshead Garage recommendations’ is closed to new replies.