Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Urgent help required from any Santa Cruz Blur LTc owners
  • Lakes_Puma

I’ve just finished building my LTc and found that I cannot drop my seat down, the maximum insertion I can get in the seat tube is about 10 inches, about 25.5cm

Looking down the seat tube it appears to narrow around the point of the shock mount bracket.

Is this normal! this only gives me a maximum seat drop of 15cm.

bland

Are they not intended to be used with a dropper?

I know you are prob thinking well why, but its a premium frame and why wouldnt you. More will than wont and if it means sacrificing a std post for strength i suspect they have taken that option.

I dont know anyone with one sand dropper

EDIT – 150mm of drop is loads anyway, droppers only give you five”/125mm and thats enough

Lakes_Puma

Cheers Bland, I plan on getting a dropper at some point but having just purchased the frame I’m a bit skint at the moment.

I was actually a little worried that there wouldn’t be enough seat tube for a dropper, but I guess I’ll have to measure the post at my normal riding height and get all the measurements to hand.

I guess I was a bit surprised as my last frame had an uninterrupted seat tube and I could drop the saddle right down to the QR collar.

RS4KEV

Just checked mine and it looks the same. Save pennies when you can for the dropper post.

wrecker
    Free Member

Mines the same. My single annoyance with the frame is that there is no routing for a dropper even without a front mech. If it was designed for a dropper, one of the designers needs shooting. Maybe not shooting as they did such a good job with the rest of it!

Lakes_Puma

RS4KEV, Wrecker

thanks for checking, yes a dropper post is the next purchase.

Wrecker, there is routing for a dropper under the top tube but it’s for a cable dropper so some creative solution required for hydraulic hose.

wrecker
    Free Member

some creative solution required for hydraulic hose.

Yep. There ain’t one. It’s shit. Hate not being able to run full length outers as well.

neil853
    Free Member

properly thought out internal cable routing would be nice.

On the dropper post hose thing I’ve got mine to work ok, took the shock off and routed it with one of the cables under there, not ideal but looks OK.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Not quite the same but what Neils done with his, I’ve done with my Blur 4X and ziptied the Reverb hose to the brake hose. Actually keeps it as tidy as I’d hope it could be without specific routing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Urgent help required from any Santa Cruz Blur LTc owners’ is closed to new replies.