Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Urgent! Bike Hire in the North West tomorrow
  • eightyeight
    Free Member

I’ve had a disaster. I’ve got a couple of (non-MTB) mates coming up tomorrow on the promise I’d take them out. I’d assumed I could still hire from the Dog and Partridge and do a circuit. That was my first mistake – they’ve got rid of their fleet!

Tried ‘Degla and they’re fully booked. Has anyone got any ideas? I live in Manchester city centre so it will need to be driveable, and obviously have a hire fleet. I thought about Grizedale but think that’s a bit far (1hr 45 mins).

Help!

jamiea
    Free Member

Ladybower? 😆

Cheers,
    Jamie

eightyeight
    Free Member

Is it bit cheeky ringing up to use a demo….?

Harry_the_Spider
    eightyeight
    Free Member

Thanks Harry – Delamere struck me as soon as I posted. I haven’t ridden there before and my understanding is the trails aren’t marked – will that be a massive problem do you think?

Harry_the_Spider

No idea. Not ridden there for years but I knew that they had a bike hire.

aguesty1
    Free Member

http://www.rossendalepennineadventure.co.uk/#/our-bikes/4554908378

http://www.cycle-adventure.co.uk/

If you are going to Gisburn Wigglesworth Road is shut so don’t go via Slaidburn

aguesty1
    Free Member

Alternatively go Whinlatter, great place and about 2 hour from Manny

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Cannock? I *think* you can hire bikes but failing that you could take some NICE demo bikes out for £30 each

[EDIT – might be a bit too far]

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Peak District hire

They’re not going to be all-singing all-dancing full sussers, but I bet they’ll be better than the mountain bike I used to ride around the Peak District 20 years ago.

steve_b77
    Free Member

eightyeight – Member
    Thanks Harry – Delamere struck me as soon as I posted. I haven’t ridden there before and my understanding is the trails aren’t marked – will that be a massive problem do you think?

To be honest if you’ve never ridden there it’s not worth going unless you’re with a local, the vast majority of stuff is in the trees and you really need to know where you’re going to get a good ride in.

fathomer

I’m pretty sure 18bikes old place (next door) now hire bikes.

eightyeight
    Free Member

Thanks Steve. That’s a shame, as I thought that was the perfect solution.

Might just go for a mess about, i.e. get some miles in on the paths and then have a little explore.

Or if that cycle adventure guy delivers might still get to Gisburn.

Thanks for the input.

premier
    Free Member

Think you can hire bikes from the velodrome and ride Phillips park trails – might be wrong

tomaso
    Free Member

Wheelbase hire bikes and a loop of Staveley followed by some Cumbrian tapas and beer in the brewery. Much quicker than Grizedale by a good half hour.

BadlyWiredDog

http://alivebikehire.co.uk/

In Hope, where 18 Bikes used to be.

paulx
    Free Member

I was out there yesterday for a quick blat around – just follow the main tracks and dive off down any interesting little paths especially if those with tyre tracks. Its a great place for a mess about but it takes a while to learn how to stitch a decent length route. Worth going to the top of the hill – Old Pike – up by the TV mast for the view. And of course its got the bike skills area right over the back of the forest – ask in the shop and they will direct you.

You can’t get that lost coz its not that big an area – you are only ever a couple of miles from the bike hire shop.

eightyeight
    Free Member

Thanks Paul.

We’ll give it a go. What better way to get to know somewhere than get frustratingly lost for half day, while putting mates off mountain biking for life 😀

martinhutch

Three peaks cycles in settle told me once they could deliver hire bikes up to Gisburn if required.

Never took them up on it, and don’t know what the spec is.

matt1986
    Free Member

Evans hire bikes for Clayton Vale if that’s any good.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Urgent! Bike Hire in the North West tomorrow’ is closed to new replies.