Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Urge enduromatic helmets
  • denni
    Free Member

Hi folks,
    am not a regular poster on the chat side of things but am after a review or 2 on the Urge enduromatic.

Will be used for on the road, trail/forest riding and maybe the odd very basic downhill riding.

I only ask about the Urge as I can get one at a very good price.
    Thanks in advance, Den

andyrm
    Free Member

Absolutely love mine – not as hot as you’d expect, especially if you look up, you can feel the air pull through.

Very comfy, very light. Recommended.

therag
    Free Member

Agree ^

Northwind

One of the guides at White Room, Yvan, wore one… He’ll be used to the weather there but there were times when I was sweltering in my Striker so the Urge must be not bad at all, heatwise.

Impressed with my Down-o-Matic so kinda tempted to try one of these next.

rocketman
    Free Member

They are nice helmets – mrs rocket likes hers – but the sizing is on the small side if your head is 60cm or more look elsewhere.

There’s no retention system it either fits or it doesnt but there are two sets of pads. Nicely made and very very shiny but not worth the rrp in a million years £40-£50 max imo

freeagent
    Free Member

love mine – however for stop-start MTB riding it does get very hot (but I’m a lardy, sweaty lump) at 15mph it vents really well though!

Mine fits really well (58cm head) and is very light.

I love the looks, and despite it’s drawbacks (being a bit hot) I’d buy another if/when this one dies…

Rickos
    Free Member

I love mine. Have you seen the new All M? Looks great and answers the hot heads.

http://www.urgebike.com/en/vtt/all-mountain

skydive99
    Free Member

Agree with all above! Fantastic lid, great ventilation, comfort and protection.

sparkyrhino

Yep love mine,got mine for £45 a bargin,personally never had an issue with overheating.one draw back is fitting helmet mounted light.but it can be done.

transitionbandit
    Free Member

Wow, that All-Mountain version is nice shame its £90 though. I’m sure they could still make fair bit even if they sold it for £50-60. More people would buy them too I believe.

RicB

I’m tempted by one but I’ve heard how tricky it can be to fit a helmet light.

I suspect you need to be doing ~10mph for the vents to be much use too…

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I was between sizes, so ended up buying a Giro Feature.. Another great lid.

Then I was lucky enough to win the POC Trabec from here..

Which, to be fair, is amazing…

transitionbandit
    Free Member

That…looks….its made of play-doe or some sort of childs toy..weird!

denni
    Free Member

Hi folks,
    thanks for the replies, much appreciated.
    I wouldn’t pay the RRP forit, not worth that but my mate has a brand new one that I’m now having for 40 quid :0)
    It’s a bit pink though….

Northwind

The POC helmet looks like part of a Dr Who alien costume.

transitionbandit – Member

Wow, that All-Mountain version is nice shame its £90 though

Not likely to stay at that price for long tbh.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Urge enduromatic helmets’ is closed to new replies.