Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Urge Enduro Matic.. Owners opinions please
  • womble72
    Free Member

I’m gonnna pop over to the lbs after lunch to try an Urge helmet on and possibly buy one but before i do it would be great to get some opinions from owners or people that tried one but bought something else.

brant
    Free Member

Hot, not amazing comfortable, not very stable.
    Love mine, on my 2nd.

therag
    Free Member

Hot, but comfy, mines the 2010. Bought the full face for an alps trip too without looking at any others after being so please with the enduro.

astormatt
    Free Member

Like what Brant says, but I would NOT buy another. IMHO overrated. Also everybody I ride with has started calling me Magneto from x-men. Starting to annoy me now after 6 months of it…

gravity-slave
    Free Member

No fine tuning gadgets, just big pads, so fit is important – mine is the most comfy lid I’ve ever had.

Hot, but vents are surprisingly good when moving and the pad stops sweat dripping into my eyes.

Love it, would not hesitate to get another.

chakaping
    Free Member

I like mine and have no desire to replace it, but if I broke/lost it I’d probably get something with more vents. Probably the new urge All Mountain (All M?) helmet.

I adjust for the hotness by wearing less clothes.

Bernaard
    Free Member

I like
    Not too hot, but I have the new one with the hole in the peak
    Comfy
    Light
    And it’s got lightning stripes on the side, what more do you need

womble72
    Free Member

So it’s looking like a reasonable purchase. Comfortable, but a little hot.

Rio

I bought one in the Kingdom Bikes sale at the end of last year and have been using it since. I’ve had no problems with it – it fits me well (YMMV) and was warm in the cold weather, and was surprisingly not hot in the recent 30C weather but the bit of padding at the front that’s supposed to absorb sweat to stop it dripping in your eyes then let it evapourate sometimes gets saturated and stops doing its job. I have similar problems with other helmets – I guess I have a sweaty head. Mine’s white which helps in the sun, dark colours may be a problem as with any helmet. Appearance is a bit unusual. I haven’t tested it in an accident yet so can’t comment on whether it does what it’s supposed to!

z1ppy

they need to do an XL…. with more vents.

chiefgrooveguru

The lack of clicky adjusters put me off when I tried one – but I do go three months between haircuts so my head changes size a fair bit! Also not easy to mount a helmet light without blocking one of the few vents. Try the Giro Feature too if that bothers you.

DT78
    Free Member

Bought mine after a crash where I knocked myself out when I hit my head just behind the ear and smashed my giro xen. Was looking for a helmet with more protection in that area. These helmsts offer better coverage in that area.

However I find it is very hot and the pads soak up alot of sweat. I tend not to wear mine in warmer conditions (thats 20ish c). Nice for winter though.

Surprisingly light and fits well for a helmet without a cradle.

rocketman
    Free Member

mrs rocket loves her Sabrina Jonnier rep it fits like a socket. It’s simple, very shiny and very French

I have tried on three occasions to make one fit but I stand there in front of the mirror and watch the helmet slowly rise up of its own accord my head is way too big.

womble72
    Free Member

Hmmmm Ive got quite a large head so I guess I’m doing the right thing by trying one on first.

rocketman
    Free Member

Hmmmm Ive got quite a large head

If you’re into 60cm territory I guarantee the L/XL wont fit

youngrob

I love mine, I’m always hot so don’t notice it any hotter that the Xen it replaced. It makes you look like you’re in CHiPS too!

womble72
    Free Member

Quick measure and my head is 61cm :-/

rocketman
    Free Member

No chance 🙂

vala
    Free Member

I’ve got one and think its spot on.
    It’s light, comfortable and yes its a bit hotter when stationary but once your moving its fine.

womble72
    Free Member

So I tried it on and it felt ok but it seemed a bit high on the forehead… didn’t like this colour scheme and as it was all they had, I came away empty handed 🙁

What do you think to the fit? To high or just right? I tried normal style helmets on and they looked absolutely massive and mushroom like :-/

Edited to say how impressive my double chin looks in that strap 😀

Rio

Doesn’t look right to me – mine comes down much lower at the front; my head is 60cm but I may have more hair – hard to tell from the pic. Maybe the wrong pads? Also wouldn’t be seen dead in that colour scheme – what’s with those stars FFS? Makes it look like a kids helmet.

womble72
    Free Member

I have very little hair, shaved with no guard… so effectively a stubbley version of Kojak 😀 It does seem to sit quite high at the front compared to photos i’ve seen online, so it’s either the padding or my massive forehead.

womble72
    Free Member

And agree about the colour scheme, urgh, they make it look really cheap n nasty

davesmate
    Free Member

Best lid I’ve ever had. TBH I don’t find it that hot either. If I had 1 criticism it’d be that you can’t scratch your head witout taking it off.

womble72
    Free Member

Any ideas as to where is best online to buy one from?

vala
    Free Member

I got mine from Winstanley’s Bikes.

sparkyrhino

Got mine from leisurelakes a while back, £40 ish posted

rocketman
    Free Member

What do you think to the fit?

Just ‘no’

Sorry

freeagent
    Free Member

Love mine, however it is hot, and at the slow pace I usually plod along at, its pretty poorly vented.

Would I buy another? Yes, but might look at their new one (can’t think what its called? AM maybe?) as it looks better vented.

My head is 58cm, and I recon i’m nearing the limit of a good, comfy fit.

Oh, and if anyone with a slightly smaller head than mine wants to swap my unused ‘L’ pads for their unused ‘XL’ pads, send me a message.. that way we both get a spare set…

shredder
    Free Member

Freeagent I have a unused set of pads which I would swap, can’t see an email for you. Mine is in my profile.
    Thanks

womble72
    Free Member

@Rocketman. No need to apologise, I’m after the truth and you were more helpful than the guy at the shop. 🙂 The search continues……

jinky
    Free Member

I love mine, just got it last week and rode it for the first time on Saturday and again last night.

The fit is excellent, I must have a smaller head than I thought (56.5cm) as I ended up buying the M/L but it fits lovely. It seems like it would be hot but once you start rolling it actually feels cooler than my Giro Xar, whilst fitting much more securely and adding extra confidence in it.

The pads do a great job of keeping the sweat out of my eyes, I’ve got a shaved head and usually wear an Orange head tube under my helmet but not need with the “Gangsta Pad” that comes with the Urge. However don’t push down on the helmet (or let your mates do it!) after a long ride as you will get a face full of sweat squeezing out all over your head! I repeat – do not press down on the helmet!

I went with a white and black Enduro Matic Flash, it’s quite understated and I actually like the way it looks.

Hope that helps.

😉

rocketman
    Free Member

The search continues…

The trouble with all helmets like the Enduromatic is they either fit or they don’t – the pads allow fine adjustment but fundamentally it has to fit. A mate has one and although it goes ‘on’ his head it doesn’t stay put there’s a finger gap around the sides but it touches front & rear. Just all wrong.

Might be worth a look at a Giro Feature. Kindof midway between a Recon/Flux and an Enduromatic.

Full coverage, a basic retention system that accomodates a range of head shapes and a fabulous adjustable visor. Similar price to the Urge.

My head is 62cm and the XL fits great

womble72
    Free Member

That’s exactly it, the helmet itself is a particular shape with little room for adjustment. I just got the feeling it was the wrong shape for me and no amount of swapping pads etc would help. I shall check out the Giro Feature, thanks for the info.

jes
    Free Member

I’ve got one like the styling in AD200 future cop way, very light but it does get warm and is in essence a glorified pi$$ pot/skate helmet.

The Urge was a repalcement after headbutting a rock with a Fox Flux which is the best fitting helmet I have used with excellent ventilation and adjustment.

yarp
    Free Member

too hot. too much padding adds extra insulation, plus lack of vents means it is like a boiler on your head.
    Ok for winter, but I couldn’t wear mine in the summer, went back to my Recon instead.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Light, comfy and better with some more holes.

womble72
    Free Member

Is that an enduromatic?

TheSwede
    Free Member

Yarp

superdale
    Free Member

Bought one at Xmas and have not used the Giro Xen since. Despite concerns with ventilation I have found it to be cooler in use than the Giro – you can really feel the venturi tunnel effect over you head.
    I used a medium Giro and found the L/XL Enduro to be a perfect fit out of the box. They dont damage easily and the included bag is a bonus when traveling. Plus you get to look like an imperial stormtrooper while riding your bike 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Urge Enduro Matic.. Owners opinions please’ is closed to new replies.