Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Urg- Accidents Happen!
  • DrP

Yeah, that’s impressive! puts the odd shin scrap from pedals to shame!

DrP

“Next thing I know shes upside down with her leg being supported by my helmet…”
    I must admit I was thinking that’s a bit of an extreme way of elevating the wound until I saw the picture and realised you’d taken your helmet off.

It’s been a long day.

psychle
    Free Member

**** me… that’s gory! a chainring did that?? 😯 😯

Double and bash on all my bikes nowadays… 😀

sobriety
    Free Member

Double and bash is great, until your pedal snaps off, causing you to put your knee through the frame and into the chain rings in the ensuing fall, which is why I have a quality scar (though not as good as the one she’s going to have) going in an arc around my left knee 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

That’s way worse than I expected from a chainring 0_0 Has it put her off riding or does she just put it down to bad luck?

chvck
    Free Member

I wasn’t going to comment on this till I saw the picture, that’s rough! Think I’ll be leaving my bash on having seen that….

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Mr MC knows that hospital well! Stretched off Le Pleney in 2009 after a freakish crash on the 10% meant he didn’t clip out of SpD’s and snapped the end off his tibia! Man the taxi fare to Thonon hospital every day for a week from Morzine ain’t cheap 😉

Freakily Mr MC fitted bash guard to my bike today to prevent just that (well I never would’ve thought a chain ring could cause that much damage).

all the best to her, at least she spoke French and understood what Dr’s were saying, we didn’t have a clue!!!

Get well soon. xx

M6TTF
    Free Member

Jesus man that’s a helll of a rip! I can’t understand how that much damage happened! Get well soon

collinstiffee
    Free Member

That’s pretty scary. I was out with a friend on Sat and lost the front wheel on some boardwalk that had those staples hammered into it for grip. I was lucky and only lost some skin, although walking with a stick right now. I was grateful it was me and not my mate, his wife would kill me. As said freak accident, hard to avoid. Oh, I was thinking of a bash guard, after those pictures I bet CRC has a rush for them. All the best to you and friend.

thatgirl
    Free Member

Sorry if i made any of you guys puke!

There were some kids that stopped to check on me and promptly went a bit pale, but bless them for trying to pretend that it wasn’t that bad!!!

Thanks for all the get well messages.

Use a guard.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Hey Thatgirl, what did you have done in the end? Super mammoth stitches? That is going to be a cracking scar with a cracking story to go with it, rather than “I scratched my leg on a bramble” …….

Get well soon, did you go to Clinic Le Martin in Thonon? lovely place, Mr MC was always impressed with the 3 course meal he got after surgery when food really wasn’t top of his agenda!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Lordy. 😯

Sweet Jesus of Nazareth that’s a nasty one. Hope it heals up well.

I’duv passed out with something not even a quarter as bad as that. 😳

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

One of those injuries, if you weren’t in shock upon doing the injury you certainly would be once you’d seen it or if your oppo went “OMG look at that eurgh” ………..

bruneep

CharlieMungus – Member

Is she going to be ok with you posting pictures of her gash?

Post of the day. I did laugh at that.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Yup Bruneep as did me and Mr MC! It’s amazing how the it can make you laugh so much ;-0

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

more substantial leg armour may have done the trick. .

those look pretty small for leg armour, . .mine come right around the calf at the back!

Wasn’t wearing them the other wee though when a similar but less substantial thing happened to me!

grantway
    Free Member

Sorry fella and understand your taking the blame But its simply an accident
    and simply and sadly has that !!!

Wish your girlfriend a speedy recovery Fella 😉

epitaph
    Free Member

Bruises fade,
    Bones heal,
    and chicks ALWAYS dig scars

philconsequence
    Free Member

*runs off to order mrsconsequence a bashguard*

hope it heals well! remember if anyone asks you got it shark-wrestling.

Ambrose

My bashguard is now well and truly fitted. Has anybody got any news about how the OP’s friend is doing?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Urg- Accidents Happen!’ is closed to new replies.