• This topic has 87 replies, 54 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by aP.
Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Urban foxes – how to get rid of them
  • CountZero

hora – Member
    Why do you want to get rid of Foxes? What have they done wrong?

Fear for your Toddlers? WTF. Don’t ever move to Australia or other country then. Jesus wept.
    I have a feeling that the concern is fox crap left in the garden where children might come into contact with it.
    Toxicara Canis is a very unpleasant disease that can easily be transferred through kids coming into accidental contact.
    Plus it stinks worse than cat scat.
    Oddly enough, foxes don’t seem to come into town, but it’s probably because we’re surrounded by open countryside with lots of room for them. I have seen them in the past, but not for some years.
    I have seen a badger ambling across the A420 in Bristol one night, which was a surprise.

MoreCashThanDash

So what we have established here is that prejudice against gingers isn’t just restricted to the human ones then?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

This made me snort my tea!

You’re doing it wrong!

seosamh77
    Free Member

i see foxes all the time, never noticed any issue with them even though they do seem more common.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I think it’s only a matter of time before a fox kills a baby or young child, We’ve already had a few attacks. When I was a kid (40 years ago) foxes where nocturnal creatures and quite timing. Now they wander around in broad daylight, are generally not bothered by people or most dogs. Their behaviour is changing and there is a reason farmers hate them, they kill for fun, not just to eat. Saw one in central London outside my flat a few weeks ago, wandering around in brad daylight. I would be quite surprised if they eat many mice or rats, our careless piling on rubbish on the streets gives them enough free food.

crankboy
    Free Member

The thing is we have already had two reported attacks but the fact that people have reported a fox attack on a child does not mean it happened there are a significant number of dog attacks on children the owner of a dangerous dog that gets out of control faces prison and destruction of the dog . there is an incentive to report dog attacks by the family pet as something else . We have 3 foxes regularly in our garden I would not wrap crankbrat in ham and leave him alone to play but nor do I worry . My biggest issue with them is they appear unwilly to go for cats.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

unwilly

Chortle – is that what you get on the coldest of days? 🙂

aP
    Free Member

Well, it would appear that something has happened to one of the foxes as one was lying in the back garden covered in snow this morning. And the binmen had just been…
    …and before I get blamed, we haven’t put out poison, or shot it, or put a trap down or anything like that.
    Talking to a friend last night, her mother feeds foxes and she was heading round with some meat bones and packets of cat food for them….

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Urban foxes – how to get rid of them’ is closed to new replies.