Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Urban Dictionary definition for Singletrack – Wide of the mark or Nail on head?
  • pealy
    Free Member

Anyone else seen the definition of singletrack on Urban Dictionary – Singletrackworld

A website populated by portly mid life crisis sufferers with delusions of gradeur, who think that riding around on an expensive push bike somehow makes up for their dull job in engineering or IT.

An online home for middle aged, middle/upper class, predominantly English xc jey boy mincers whose idea of mountain biking consists of grinding around the country side in brightly coloured lycra on titanium singlespeed rigid ego chariots.

Sound like anyone you know? Certainly nothing like me..

geetee1972
    Free Member

pealy – New Member

Fixed that for you. 😆

cynic-al
    Free Member

Nail on head, as is GT72.

ton

pretty near the mark i think for most on here.

richmtb

That’s actually pretty funny, don’t think its particularly accurate though

PJM1974
    Free Member

I can’t find any fault with that!

soobalias
    Free Member

funniest thing is how most posters would agree its pretty much spot on, but dont actually include themselves in the description.

pealy
    Free Member

I know its not me, I dont have an expensive bike or a titanium singlespeed… Wouldn’t mind one or the other though.

brassneck

What’s dull about a job in IT?

All the hot chicks dig a man who knows the difference between Etherchannel and IEE 802.3ad – fact.

🙂

magowen100
    Free Member

I find it amusing that the top definition on the website is written by a man named Chipps…
    Now where have I seen that name before?

kudos100
    Free Member

Sounds about right to me….

DaRC_L

Yep I certainly am deluded
    and have gradeur (whatever that is but I probably have it).

mogrim

A website populated by portly mid life crisis sufferers with delusions of gradeur, who think that riding around on an expensive push bike somehow makes up for their dull job in engineering or IT.

Hey! I’m not portly!

Ewan
    Free Member

I actually think the second definition is more accurate:

The typical singtrackworld member can usually be spotted in trail centre carparks standing beside their Audi, loudly boasting about the three foot drop they “nailed” with ease thanks to their new £5000 6inch all mountain bike, or how they “smoked some downhillers” whilst riding their rigid on-one wearing a blindfold on the black route.

Inwardly the average singletrackmember would love to posses more skills than the ability to negotiate a technical climb, in reality this means acquiring actual bike handling skills. To cover up their utter lack of ability on a bike they pour scorn on any style riding which isnt utterly boring.

Obviously that doesn’t describe me as I’m *awesome*…

pitduck
    Free Member

😆

Kevevs
    Free Member

Brilliant! 😀

kudos100
    Free Member

my favorite bit……

“Hey john, where did you get that fancy new bike?” “Its actually not new at all, I bought it off some **** with more money than sense on singletrackworld. He clearly couldnt ride for toffee, just like the rest of those asshats”

Lol 🙂

backhander
    Free Member

Hmmm; not portly, middle aged, middle class or have a dull job nor a posh german car. So not true for all.

mogrim

nwardly the average singletrackmember would love to posses more skills than the ability to negotiate a technical climb, in reality this means acquiring actual bike handling skills. To cover up their utter lack of ability on a bike they pour scorn on any style riding which isnt utterly boring.

I get the feeling a real porker posted that one, couldn’t keep up on the technical climbs, bike-handling skills limited to gnarly downhill let-go-of-the-brakes-and-hope style riding…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Urban Dictionary definition for Singletrack – Wide of the mark or Nail on head?’ is closed to new replies.