Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Urban dictionary
  • Vegemite
    Free Member

I decided to have a look in here and googled "singletrackworld".

This was the second result:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=singletrackworld

Is it true?

bruneep

Wow! never ever ever seen that before. 🙄

emma82
    Free Member

brilliant 😆

FeeFoo
    Free Member

I haven't. Very funny. ***non-jaded smiley***

toppers3933
    Free Member

any body know where i can get a titanium singlespeed rigid ego chariot? sounds ace to me.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Welcome to the Internet… 🙄

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Is it true?

It's not entirely untrue, is it?

FeeFoo
    Free Member

@Teetosugars

I refer you to my reply some moments ago

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I like the word of the day though:

brodak moment

The perfect time for a picture with only the guys

Great stuff!

sc-xc

So you joined just to post that old urban dictionary entry?

Go on then, who are you?

Vegemite
    Free Member

So you joined just to post that old urban dictionary entry?

Go on then, who are you?

Who am I? Erm, just a faceless posted on the WWW I guess. Emphasis on the first W. Some may recognise the name from other places but I'll claim no notoriety here or anywhere else. I joined a few years ago when this place was slower than Emmerdale. However, log-on needed renewing and was activated a month or three ago. I've just never got round to logging on and tonight I was prompted elsewhere.

redthunder
    Free Member

True though… anyone want argument about an engineering topic or network server ?

MSP

leg it, its the filth!

samuri
    Free Member

how they "smoked some downhillers" whilst riding their rigid on-one wearing a blindfold on the black route.

That's me that is.

julianwilson
    Free Member

samuri – Member

how they "smoked some downhillers" whilst riding their rigid on-one wearing a blindfold on the black route.

That's me that is.

awww, don't steal the zoofighter's thunder!

samuri
    Free Member

I'll smoke him too!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Took me a while CFH… 8)

fubar
    Free Member

To Be Fair the definition has been updated over the years

I hadn't seen this bit when I last looked a few years ago…

"Hey john, where did you get that fancy new bike?" "Its actually not new at all, I bought it off some tw?t with more money than sense on singletrackworld. He clearly couldnt ride for toffee, just like the rest of those asshats"

Drac

"Hey john, where did you get that fancy new bike?" "Its actually not new at all, I bought it off some tw?t with more money than sense on singletrackworld. He clearly couldnt ride for toffee, just like the rest of those asshats"

Alpin

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Well done to everyone who's seen it before and then posted saying they'd seen it before. It means you're waaaaaay coooool for seeing it before and not seeing it later.
    I was the first person to see this post I'm writing now.
    Don't look at it, you are soooooo last minute. Losers.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

FeeFoo – the singletrackworld/urban dictionary link is posted on a regular basis, and it always attracts the same touchy responses.

Which would suggest that for some at least, the definition is painfully close to the truth.

And therefore why I'm always pleased every time it reappears.

So in answer to the OP's original question, I would say yes – on the whole, it's largely true.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"An online home for middle aged, middle/upper class, predominantly English xc jey boy mincers"

tick

"whose idea of mountain biking consists of grinding around the country side in brightly coloured lycra on titanium singlespeed rigid ego chariots."

Cross

"The typical singtrackworld member can usually be spotted in trail centre carparks standing beside their Audi, loudly boasting about the three foot drop they "nailed" with ease thanks to their new £5000 6inch all mountain bike, or how they "smoked some downhillers" whilst riding their rigid on-one wearing a blindfold on the black route. "

Cross

"Inwardly the average singletrackmember would love to posses more skills than the ability to negotiate a technical climb, in reality this means acquiring actual bike handling skills."

Tick

"To cover up their utter lack of ability on a bike they pour scorn on any style riding which isnt utterly boring."

Cross

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Ernie,

I get that it's been around a while and that people have seen it lots before. But I can't see a reason for saying "I've already seen it".
    Seems odd, childish and lacking in self-worth.

Maybe that's a better definition of people on here? ***pompous smiley***

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

I for one, will excuse Vegemite for not reading every page on the internet already, like some of you guys. You lot must be a right hit with the ladies 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

But I can't see a reason for saying "I've already seen it".

Coz they is embarrassed mate 🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Urban dictionary’ is closed to new replies.