Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Urban Cyclist magazine (has it been done already?)
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

Was having a nosey in W H Smiths today and saw this new publication Hmmmmmmm

Not sure what to think of it personally, but I guess it’s not aimed at me. Anyone bought it (or going to admit to it?)

ropechimp
    Free Member

look at bone shaker magazine full of top art work. but the idea of riding near a road makes me feel a bit sick

drofluf
    Free Member

Saw it in Smiths as well. If this isn’t enough to put you off:

The must-have guide for Urban cyclists – those who ride the city for the joy of it!

Then how about this:

Get inside the scene – street riding from London to Los Angeles

Still interested?

Look sharp in stylish, modern clothing designed for city riding and living

Firmly targeted at the urban hipster market. Next month’s issue apparently features an articles on “how to look good in your sister’s jeans” and “the perfect espresso”.

atlaz
    Free Member

modern clothing designed for city riding and living

And here was me thinking my clothes were designed for living.

nedrapier

Firmly targeted at the wannabe urban hipster market

get inside the scene – for people who aren’t inside the scene.

Genuine fakenger scenesters won’t be interested, people who are new to cycling will buy it for a couple of issues to get the hang of the basics, then stop.

Duggan

I don’t see the harm in it.

I’ve never really understood the hatred for hipsters (going off on a tangent here not directing this at anyone in the thread) they seem harmless enough to me.

binners

Anyone who refers to anything they happen to do as a ‘scene’ should be slowly tortured.

In this case this would involve forcing them to visit their regular hipster bars and coffee shops dressed in a nice jumper from Marks and Spencers, some of those elasticated-waistband slacks they advertise in the back of Sunday supplements, wearing bicycle clips and riding an Apollo full suspension bike. And forsaking their usual double exspresso for a nice cup of tea

alpin
    Free Member

In this case this would involve forcing them to visit their regular hipster bars and coffee shops dressed in a nice jumper from Marks and Spencers, some of those elasticated-waistband slacks they advertise in the back of Sunday supplements, wearing bicycle clips and riding an Apollo full suspension bike. And forsaking their usual double exspresso for a nice cup of tea

i’d gladly take you up on three of those points….

maccruiskeen

Anyone who refers to anything they happen to do as a ‘scene’ should be slowly tortured.

Never had you down as being into the Slow Torture scene

Marin
    Free Member

Is it just me who thinks magazines are way expensive. Are there any WH lurkers who read off the shelf and then leave with no purchase.

xiphon
    Free Member

I flick through a few mags, and soon remember why I don’t buy them anymore

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

In fairness, do you reckon there’s a mirror thread on LFGSS,

“Singletrack magazine” why would you want to ride in single file in the mud?

thewanderer
    Free Member

I had a chuckle at Trail Runner magazine…. full of little running routes as per MBR. There must be a market but I would have thought it would be a push for content – trail running shoes.. a few other pieces of kit that crossover other outdoor sports.

I guess it takes all sorts and there are all sort of uber niches waiting to be filled.

I can’t wait to see the product guide “Barefoot runner”

racefaceec90

Riding skills – how to trackstand, sidehop, deal with traffic and train on a fixed gear bike

and look good in your sister’s jeans i think they forgot to add 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Urban Cyclist magazine (has it been done already?)’ is closed to new replies.