Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Upsidedirt: RAW – Forest Of Dean FOD
  • thebesomething
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/RUTE84Ox5nY[/video]

Upsidedirt presents, various runs from the Forest of Dean, including the red and blue trail loops.

This video is made in a new way, please tell me what you think?

Think I need to get a Gimbal!

Special thanks for the drone footage from S J Powell, original video found here – https://youtu.be/ai1nZANLSsY (obtained permission to use)

kayak23

This video is made in a new way, please tell me what you think?

Ummm…. Pov footage isn’t a new way I’m afraid.

It was nice to see some fod, but without wanting to be mean, the footage wasn’t overly exciting or interesting for me.

The drone footage at the start made me think it’d be more than pov.

Still, great trails and looks like you had fun filming so all good 🙂

v666ern
    Free Member

Forest Of Dean FOD

you know that FOD stands for forest of dean right, its like putting isle of wight IOW. I get you want hits but its annoying.

Video needs steadying, FODMTB has been using a drone and a steady cam thing, check him out on insta FB etc.

Please go find some off piste

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Chill out, everyone making video’s has to start somewhere.

Constructive criticism:

[long answer deleted]
    1)Ditch the go-pro, they’re technically not a good camera and act as a crutch for lazy film making. Use them only for a few seconds at most to capture a moment (the silence of a jump, the creak of a freehub at the start).

2) Shoot everything else off the bike with a phone or even better a proper video camera (don’t try with a DSLR unless you have one already and it’s effectively free, the lenses aren’t really designed to do video for umpteen reasons). Learn to plan what you’re going to film, to compose shots, and take your time.

3) Edit. The last job I was involved in was 180 hours of filming (1500 hours of film!), to make 6 hours of program. That’s normal! No one wants to see climbs, fire roads, or even the mid part of a long corner.

4) If you’re going down the music-less route, you still need sound, and it needs to be good, much better than if there was music. Invest in some basic microphones and sound recording kit. But without timecode you may struggle to edit, so maybe stick with music.

thebesomething
    Free Member

Thank you for your responses, and appreciate this is not my best work, just the only footage I had for the day on the GoPro.

Sorry if I came off annoying with the abbreviated and non-abbreviated wording, didn’t realise this was a fo par.
    I just want to make better videos and being the only judge makes it hard to improve and where I need to take myself.

It is fun 🙂 Yeah the sound is dodgy and the actual footage is really shaky, need to invest in a gimbal and a proper camera and mic

Thanks again!

kayak23

You don’t necessarily need a gimbal. Just be creative with how you film. Pov footage isn’t usually that great for a viewer unless it’s utterly nuts off the scale riding, so mix it up a bit with off-rider positions etc.
    It’s cool footage of good trails and you enjoyed making it so it’s all good 😀

Speeder

Can I just say I detest chest cams. They almost never give a very good viewpoint and are very mostly shaky as your body doesn’t naturally stabilise it unlike when they’re attached to your head.

Drone shot at start was good though and the conditions look fantastic.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Upsidedirt: RAW – Forest Of Dean FOD’ is closed to new replies.