Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)
  • Upsetting pics on Facebook
  • emma82
    Free Member

Someone has commented on a photo on FB, it’s a picture of a foetus, probably about 12/13 weeks, she’s some religious loon and it’s an anti abortion type thing. I can’t comment on it because it’s someone else’s picture but I can’t work out how the hell to hide it/delete it from my phone? It’s extremely disturbing although I think it might be fake. How can I get rid of it off the FB iPhone app?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Probably need to delete it via the pc front end for it

emma82
    Free Member

Oh ok, best get out of bed then 🙁

rkk01
    Free Member

Depends what iOS you are running. You should be able to hold your finger on the app icon until it wobbles. Then use the delete option

GrahamS

No need to get out of bed. You can get the full Facebook site on the iPhone. Just hit “Desktop Site” at the bottom of the mobile site.

emma82
    Free Member

It wouldn’t work Graham, I’ve done it from the main page from the laptop. Done now anyway, thank you!

yoshimi

swipe over the story/picture on the iOS FB app from right to lefty and a little ‘x’ should appear – hit that and boom , gone!

emma82
    Free Member

Nope, that didn’t work? I know it can be done like that though, my phone must be playing up >|

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Options / Report this photo.

Really grinds my gears when people share sh**e like that, that’s not what The Facebook is for…

MrsToast
    Free Member

Yeah, as Shibboleth said you can click on the photo, click options and report it. Stuff like that normally gets removed fairly quickly.

Or spam the poster with images of your menstrual outgoings, mourning the loss of potential.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Options / Report this photo.

Really grinds my gears when people share sh**e like that, that’s not what The Facebook is for…

Says who?

<not that I’d agree with the image, just that I agree with free speech including my ability to report the photo>

Or spam the poster with images of your menstrual outgoings, mourning the loss of potential.

Grim. Just…grim.

scaled
    Free Member

If getting out of bed is an issue just throw the phone to the other side of the room and the picture can no longer bother you 🙄

retro83
    Free Member

Mrs Toast – Member

dogbert
    Free Member

I’ve had this issue. As you can’t seem to fix it without being at a computer, follow these steps until you can block the person or delete their post:

1. Don’t look at Facebook
    2. Repeat step 1

emsz
    Free Member

LoLing at mrstoast 😆

emma82
    Free Member

Lol, I dragged myself from my bed and got to the laptop, then reported it, it was hugely offensive and all the comments below it asked her to take it off, including one lady who’d had five miscarriages, she didn’t want to see it but once it’s popped up on your feed you’ve sort of seen it so it can’t be unseen if you know what I mean.

joao3v16
    Free Member

some religious loon

ah, so you must be some atheist/agnostic loon

Shibboleth
    Free Member

coffeeking – Member
    Says who?

Facebook is a “social media”, ergo, the norms of common decency and social acceptability are just as relevant as in “real life”. If your social skills prevent you from understanding acceptable social conventions (such as you don’t inflict distressing images on unsuspecting people) then perhaps you should address your shortcomings before using social media. 😉

Sandwich

ah, so you must be some atheist/agnostic loon

Alternatively Emma could be a well balanced religious person, unless she’s offered to punch you in the knob too!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Facebook is a “social media”, ergo, the norms of common decency and social acceptability are just as relevant as in “real life”. If your social skills prevent you from understanding acceptable social conventions (such as you don’t inflict distressing images on unsuspecting people) then perhaps you should address your shortcomings before using social media.

I don’t know what image was being discussed, but what one person finds normal some may find distressing. How far do you want to go with this censorship? Who says you’re right and your line is the correct one to draw?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Again coffeeking, I think you need to take a long hard look at your social skills if you think anyone would post a picture of a dead foetus for any other reason than to cause shock and distress.

yunki
    Free Member

much as it makes my skin crawl to agree with Shibboleth, I think that’s a very fair point..

for a bit of balance, this was lifted from facebook a few moments ago..
    😀

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Wow! You have evidence of something that happens “when we die”?!!! Where can I see it?

yunki
    Free Member

wow.. that’s a bit out of leftfield.. who’s that directed at woppit..?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

The. Post. Above. Mine. ie: yours. 🙄

DezB
    Free Member

Have you taken the medication this morning?

yunki
    Free Member

why would I want to attempt to provide evidence for a light hearted conceptual meme to some random loon the internet..?
    or to anyone for that matter..?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

MrWoppit
    Free Member

but almost perfectly formed..?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Wow! You someone (not you) on Facebook has evidence of something that happens “when we die”?!!! Do you know if You someone (not you) on Facebook knows where can I see it?

That better for you?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Sounds to me like Coffeeking isn’t the only person who’s not fit to be let loose on social media…

🙄

yunki
    Free Member

woppit – blah blah blah blah

hmmm… it struck me as more of an amusing idea to be considered for light relief than a call to throw ourselves at the mercy of reincarnation cults..

I guess we have differing perspectives..

now then.. I really have to get out the door and up onto the moor.. I’ve already missed sunrise by more than 8and a half hours..

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Do you know if You someone (not you) on Facebook knows where can I see it?

You want to look out of a woman’s fanny Woppit ?

Is it something you would die for ?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

hmmm… it struck me as more of an amusing idea to be considered for light relief

Me too. Sorry, I mean – “blah blah blah”.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I was a medical examiner for police pathology and seen some gruesome things that would make some of you throw up, but I’m not affected as long as it doesn’t smell too bad.

Doesn’t mean I would post pics on Facebook You should be aware of the consequences of your actions.

Now where did I leave my lunch?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Now where did I leave my lunch?

Was it in the toaster Frankenstein ?

nealglover
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure that the picture posted is designed to shock people isn’t it. ?

If its what I’m thinking of, it’s an anti abortion thing designed to make people think of an unborn foetus as a “baby”
    And if people find it offensive, then it’s kind of worked hasn’t it ?

I’m not saying I agree with posting it on Facebook, but it seems to have had the desired effect at least.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

It wouldn’t alter my views on abortion. It would just offend me that someone thought it acceptable to post things like that in a place where I might see them.

gonefishin
    Free Member

No one has the right to not be offended.

joao3v16
    Free Member

This thread is beginning to remind me of …

Political correction is the oppression of our intellectual movement so no one says anything anymore just in case anyone else get’s offended.

“What happens if you say that and someone gets offended?”

Well they can be offended, can’t they? What’s wrong with being offended? When did stick and stones may break my bones stop being relevant? Isn’t that what you teach children? “He called me an idiot!” Don’t worry about it, he’s a dick.

Now you have adults going “I was offended, I was offended and I have rights!” Well so what, be offended, nothing happened. You’re an adult, grow up, and deal with it. I was offended! Well, I don’t care! Nothing happens when you’re offended. “I went to the comedy show and the comedian said something about the lord, and I was offended, and when I woke up in the morning, I had leprosy.”

Nothing Happens. “I want to live in a democracy but I never want to be offended again.” Well you’re an idiot.

How do you make a law about offending people? How do you make it an offense to offend people? Being offended is subjective. It has everything to do with you as an individual or a collective, or a group or a society or a community. Your moral conditioning, your religious beliefs.

What offends me may not offend you. And you want to make laws about this? I’m offended when I see boy bands for god sake.

It’s a valid offense, I’m offended. They’re cooperate shills, posing as musicians to further a modeling career and frankly I’m disgusted.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘Upsetting pics on Facebook’ is closed to new replies.