Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • upscaling dvd players
  • rshaul
    Free Member

having bought a new tv and being far too tight to get a blu ray and spend loads getting films i already have,my question is;

is it worth buying an upscaling one? can be had for less than £50.bit of a no brainer but if anyone has done this could u share

cheers

jon1973
    Free Member

If it’s a bigish HD TV, then yes. It’s worth considering a BD player though, as they normally up-scale DVDs as well, and they’re not really that expensive now – I think you;d get one for £50ish.

kimbers

ive got a sony freview recorder with an upscaling dvd player and its a pretty good halfway house between dvd and blu ray

also dvds are a lot cheaper than blu rays

rshaul
    Free Member

cheers chaps
    just having a scan through them now
    and i guess for a couple of quid then gold plated hdmi cable is a must?

jon1973
    Free Member

No need to get expensive HDMI cables. I think I spend about £6 or so on mine and they fine. Some of the mega cheap ones don’t fit well, which is a problem.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

If you’ve got a decent TV you’re better off letting the TV do the upscaling and connecting the DVD player via the digital connection (either optical or coax).

grilla
    Free Member

Buy a reasonable blue-ray player, £50-£100, play dvd’s in it and it would upscale them. Then you can play either.

Forget the gold plated hdmi, utter nonsense on a digital cable unless your cable length is huge.

Cougar

Your TV already upscales, an upscaling DVD player is largely pointless unless you’re going to spend megabucks (and even then it’s arguable).

If you’ve got 50 quid burning a hole in your pocket, get a BD player. It won’t improve your DVDs any but it’ll mean you can stop buying them and get Blu-rays instead.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘upscaling dvd players’ is closed to new replies.