Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • UPS
  • RegP
    Free Member

Hi all,

Anyone had UPS deliver a package to a neighbour before and they have signed for it, then got UPS to go back and get it?

Problem is I have had a laptop delivered to my parents house in London, they are away for 3 weeks so UPS has dropped it off at a neighbours who I do not have a phone number for, and I live in Derbyshire.

I was hoping they would not be able to deliver it and take it back to the depot so it could be redirected.

Any thoughts on this or has anyone had a similar problem, or works for UPS
    help appreciated, as cannot really drive down on the basis might just catch the neighbour in.

Cheers

Reg

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Can you not get the neighbour's phone number from BT or an online search?

G
    Free Member

Quick question : What makes you think the neighbours will be in for UPS and not for you?

Personally I reckon you are royally ****.

The initial transaction is complete, they have done as requested within their terms and conditions and delivered the thing.

To get it from the neighbour to you will require a whole new booking to get them to go collect and then deliver it to you. They usually require a phone number for both ends, and basically you will only get one attmept to collect if there is no one there and no contact number.

Generally they are quite helpful, and probably the way forward is to ring em, explain your predicament and ask their advice.

RegP
    Free Member

Bt is a no go as think they are ex-dir, tried online searchs but not very good any ideas of websites for that would be good.

Are UPS just alowd to drop of a package woth £1500 with someone eles?

Del

not without your permission. it should go to the addressee, or only somewhere else with your prior consent. get the number of the local UPS depot and give them a shout – they are usually very good indeed ( we've been using them at work for over 10 years, their drivers are usually guys you'd be very happy to have work for you, and the organisation is very good on the whole ).

breatheeasy
    Free Member

To be honest I'd be surprised if UPS would have redirected the parcel regardless of whether it was in the depot or the neighbours house.

Imagine I've stolen your credit card details, then asked your delivery company to redirect a parcel from a valid address to another random place 150 miles way….

RegP
    Free Member

They are very good, spoke to the office, they are now off to get it back hopefully, hope neighbour is in. They wil then redirect it!! Hopefully all going well may have my new mac by tomorrow or wed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘UPS’ is closed to new replies.