Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Upper back spasm!! Why
  • danjthomas
    Free Member

Always seem to have a stiff neck these days. Some light kettle bell swings last week now my right hand upper back has gone into spasm. Ouch.

Anyone on here had or get this. How can I get rid and keep it away.

13thfloormonk

Had similar a couple of times in the past, as a result of over developed chest muscles (can’t say I’d ever noticed 😳 ) and under-developed upper back muscles. Basically the upper back muscles were under constant strain which reduced the blood flow to them, any movement with weight out in front of your body (moving cardboard boxes or a bike box were my two triggers) and the muscles spasm, crazy breathless painful!

I got over it with heat and gentle massage on the muscles which loosened things up after a couple of days.

Then it was just a routine of strengthening the muscles behind the shoulders and stretching the muscles across the chest. Probably worth seeing a physio to help you with those.

danjthomas
    Free Member

You might have nailed it.. I’ve been doing bench press and shoulder press since October as physio to from s shoulder operation. Maybe I’m out of balance. My chest isn’t particularly strong but I do not to click and stretch it a lot.

Maybe some red wine will help me relax tonight!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Upper back spasm!! Why’ is closed to new replies.