Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Up'n'downy seatpost woes…
  • TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I recently purchased a remotely operated seatpost for a new frame. As soon as I fitted it I noticed a small amount of vertical play in the travel. When weighting and unweighting the post whilst riding I could hear and feel a knock as it moved up and down by around 1mm. On the 2nd ride it developed 2″ of suspension movenent at the top of its travel.

I returned it to the shop who replaced it.

The replacement has exactly the same knock straight out of the box. I have contacted the shop who have tried to reassure me that it may be a “bedding in” issue and to give it a couple of weeks. I’m not so sure…

Could the 31.6mm posts be a faulty batch underfilled with oil? I have a 30.9mm that has been faultless.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I have a similar, err, characteristic with a Joplin. It is ‘fixable’ though. No idea if you’re experiencing the same thing…

With mine, if it’s low, which it often is at the end of a ride, and I pull it out of the garage by the saddle for the next ride the post lifts. Doing this appears to let air into the oil so the saddle will move a couple of inches in a suspension seat post kind of way. To ‘fix it’ I just lower and raise in the normal way. Job done.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Up'n'downy seatpost woes…’ is closed to new replies.