Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Uploading photos……AGAIN!!!!!
  • pipiom
    Free Member

Still trying to upload from Flickr , unsuccessfully.in the STW help area it says that there are 2 boxes above photo (actions and share this etc) well there aren’t on mine. I am on an iPhone 5 and on www. Flickr.com not app. I know I’m crap but any assistance would be deeply appreciated.
    Or I’ll just have to draw pictures and send em in and resign myself to being inept at all things that came after the Rolf Harris stylophone

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

go to photo in Flickr
    click on the share icon (bottom right(ish) of page – it’s a box with an arrow coming out of it
    select ‘grab the html/BBCode’
    check the BBCode radio button
    select all the text displayed in the box and copy it
    paste it in here

downhilldave

I also click on “preview post” to make sure the photo has been loaded correctly

DezB
    Free Member

Make life simple for yourself and set up a Photobucket account.
    It gives you the codes on the page. And the iPhone app is dead simple.

bigG
    Free Member

DezB – Member

Make life simple for yourself and set up a Photobucket account.
    It gives you the codes on the page. And the iPhone app is dead simple.

This, or imgur. I’ve given up trying to link from Flickr.

antares
    Free Member

On flickr below the box there is, embed, HTML and bb code. Make sure bb code is “ticked”

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I really don’t understand why people can’t link to photos in Flickr, it really is astonishingly simple

antares
    Free Member

^^yep^^

belugabob
    Free Member

Also, people need to understand the difference between uploading & linking.

A picture is uploaded to Flickr, photobucket etc, by sending the entire file to the site in question.

The STW forum does not allow uploads, so you have to link to a photo that has already been uploaded to one of the aforementioned sites. This is achieved by following the instructions given earlier in this thread.

nickjb
    Free Member

I really don’t understand why people can’t link to photos in Flickr, it really is astonishingly simple

I think the problem is that you get a very different looking interface with different options depending on what device you are looking at it from. Sometimes its easy sometimes its unnecessarily hard.

To put a picture on facebook I look at the picture on the device with which I have just taken the picture, click the share button and select facebook. That’s astonishingly simple

“Upload to Flickr, try to click on the share icon, realise it doesn’t have the right options, find the link to the full site, switch to that, select ‘grab the html/BBCode’, check the BBCode radio button
    select all the text displayed in the box and copy it paste it in here” is officially a faff

P20

Make sure you’re looking at the full flickr site, not the mobile version. There’s a link at the bottom of the page from memory

pipiom
    Free Member

Many thanks all.. Job done

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Uploading photos……AGAIN!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.