Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Uplifts in the uk?
  • iridebikes
    Free Member

Where can i go to get an uplift in the uk? cwm carn and forest of dean are fully booked on the weekend i want to go…

stratobiker
    Free Member
    dirtyboy

Wdmba on Facebook

ton

revolution bike park
    hamsterley
    ae
    antur stiniog
    innerleithan

iridebikes
    Free Member

revolution looks really good, have you ridden there ton?

ton

yes mate…..well walked and pushed 😆
    it is very steep, very rooty, very rutted and a little bit muddy. but it is ace and the blokes who run it are fantastic.

youngrob

Glencoe chairlift. the trails are a challenging red descent and a ridiculous black. £25 for a day ticket. Ace.

jam-bo

Triscombe in the quantocks is a good setup.

Kustom bikes might be running something at Combe syd.

D0NK

whats revolution like? Everyone is riding a DH bike in the pics, will we die on (or break) our “normal” bikes? (5, hemlock, heckler etc)

grum
    Free Member

You won’t die Donk, but its pretty hard, especially when it’s (inevitably) wet. Very steep, muddy, rutted, rooty, off camber etc. No silly big mandatory drops or anything. For me the main issue was bottle and fitness, gets very tiring quite quickly being on your brakes all the time. If you can let off the brakes a bit it gets a lot better, but easier said than done for me.

drookitmunter
    Free Member
    RobHilton
    Free Member

gets very tiring quite quickly

He isn’t kidding – with only racetrack style runs there’s no let-up.
    I thought it was great there, but probly won’t return til they’ve got something easier to ride as a choice of less challenging is nice to have.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Uplifts in the uk?’ is closed to new replies.