Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Uplifting obituary
  • theotherjonv

A friend of a friend of a friend passed away in the US this week. Who he is, is not important.

When my time comes, please let me be known for stuff like this than how much money i earned or wasted.

“Among many things, family and friends will remember his dry sense of humor, sarcasm, and quick wit. Winifred will remember their shared competitive spirit discovered during their first tennis date, followed by years of bowling leagues and ping-pong matches, climbing dozens of feet in the air to assist with radio towers, years of Wednesday night choir rehearsals, and enduring harassment from unhappy baseball fans after discovering she was the umpire’s wife. His children will remember him correcting their grammar, embarrassing them in front of their friends, driving the getaway car for their shenanigans, conducting the radio, exposing them to jazz, classical, folk, and 50’s rock music and supporting their passion for music and sports. His grandchildren will remember drawing on his bald head with markers, his teasing, his knowledge of butterflies, his love of astronomy, and his detailed (and sometimes made-up) stories of his childhood adventures.”

khani
    Free Member

That quite refreshing 😀 nice one..

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

thanks for that.. put a smile on my face and made me remember some of my dearly departed.

funkmasterp

That’s great 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Uplifting obituary’ is closed to new replies.