Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Uplift Scotland
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Any word if anyone is gonna take it over? Heard a wee whisper a while back that AimUp were considering a community run scheme, but all gone quiet since.

Shame, really enjoy an uplift day at inners, as a wee reward for plugging away the rest of the time.

chakaping
    Free Member

On FB today…

Good morning folks, this month will see the tender for the uplift all sorted. The new operative should be up and running in November.
    If anyone is putting in for the tender then get in touch for any advice, I’ve 15 years of hard earned experience.
    Let’s hope that who ever takes it on keeps up the high standard I have strived to achieve.
    Thanks
    Tally

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Good stuff, don’t have Facebook, thanks for that.

alexxx
    Free Member

Sounds like Tally didn’t manage to sell his bits on in the package he had offered months ago then maybe?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Dunno, unless he’s managed to offload them into the tender process or something.

Liftman

The expected start date is 30th of Oct according to the tender docs.

jamesmio
    Free Member

Did anyone manage to hunt out the tender docs online? I had a look but they proved elusive

Phil_H
    Northwind

alexxx – Member

Sounds like Tally didn’t manage to sell his bits on in the package he had offered months ago then maybe?

The tender’s not settled yet, I’d assume he’s hoping to sell it to the winner?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Any word yet? Tender deadline passed 6 days ago.

rugbydick

Tender doc’s state that the tender must remain valid until 1st November. I’d suggest you won’t hear anything about a new signed contract until then.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Yes, but there’s always locals in the know….

mc
    Free Member

From the tender document-

Closing date and time for enquiries
    12 noon on Friday 29 September 2017

Tender Return Date and Time
    12 noon on Monday 09 October September 2017

Expected Notification of Intent to Award
    Tuesday 17 October 2017

Provision of Selection Criteria Evidence by
    Friday 20 October 2017

Pre-Commencement Meeting
    w/c Monday 23 October 2017

Expected Start Date
    30 October 2017

Winning bidder should find out this Tuesday, then it goes into a period where all bidders get to see the selection criteria (in case any bidder wants to contest the decision), before it will finally be publically announced.
    That’s all provided FES actually stick to their dates…

poah
    Free Member

Going to be announced on tuesday

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Cheers mc.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Any news from the Valley?…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Still nothing….

bigjim

There’s probably various back and forth on detail to sort I would imagine. Unless nobody bidded.

thegman67

My friend put a bid in but was told he was unsuccesfull

fingerbang
    Free Member

Does all this mean that the chairlift proposals are dead in the water?

Interesting if the winning tender has an opportunity to build and maintain the tracks, subject to FC of course

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I think the chairlift looks dead in the water fb.

bigjim

Interesting if the winning tender has an opportunity to build and maintain the tracks, subject to FC of course

it’s not part of the procurement scope anyway

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Wee resurrection!

Gordo and Gary seem to be doing a fab job after replacing Tally at Inners and Ae, getting rave reviews, even after a very tough start to life in the Tweed valley due to the snow etc…

Anyone been yet? sounds really polished, far more runs than before – know a guy who’s a bit of a machine that has done 17 runs in a day! that’s bloody good going. Need to get over soon!.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Anyone been yet? sounds really polished, far more runs than before – know a guy who’s a bit of a machine that has done 17 runs in a day! that’s bloody good going. Need to get over soon!.

Saw them running when we were riding up at easter, looked fast and full, lots of runs to be had but not sure how many tickets vs seats they were selling.

One certainty is those are 2 minibuses to completely avoid when they move them on!!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

not sure how many tickets vs seats they were selling

They regularly sell out, but from what I hear, there’s always a fair bit of space. I can only assume that as it’s not that expensive for a day, folks just don’t turn up after booking weeks in advance.

bigjim

looked fast

Yep, nearly got taken out by one doing crazy speed back down, think he was out of control and would have lost it if he’d braked for me, the other driver seemed better though and was slowing for others on the track. Couple of other friends have had similar incidents. Horses, families and runners quite often use that track too so it’s pretty bad really, at some points it’s pretty narrow and there’s really not much option apart from diving into the ditch or down the steep bank. Keep meaning to email them to tell them, they’re supposed to be sticking to the speed limit on the fire road, don’t really want to raise it with FES as they would take speeding traffic related near misses very seriously.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Keep meaning to email them to tell them, they’re supposed to be sticking to the speed limit on the fire road, don’t really want to raise it with FES as they would take speeding traffic related near misses very seriously

Probably a good reminder to just do it now then 🙂 They must have been building up speed a bit over the weeks

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, I’d mention it to them, give them a chance before going to FCS. The fact they have 2 buses, no real need to rush.

geex
    Free Member

@Nobeer Adrenalin is easily the best uplift service we’ve ever had in Scotland and I’ve used every single one over the years. First one was in 1994, it was a £1 a time and the guy just turned up (Inners and Craik IIRC) no bookings at all you just chucked your bike on his ropey trailer gave him your quid, sat down and watched the VHS mtb video he had playing in the bus all day. I remember folk pushing up thinking a quid was a bit steep. hahah… jumpers for goal posts.

A couple of weeks ago I managed 14 runs fairly easily without rushing and that included pushing to the top of the quarry a good few times. there were horse riders on the uplift road slowing up the lifts a good bit that day too. gotta say all the drivers I witnessed were very patient and courteous with them.
    If you want to equal (Stevie’s I assume) 17 it wouldn’t be that difficult but you’ll to head straight down the track  rather than push up at all and make sure you’re on the ball so queue jumpers don’t steal your space when they swarm in as the buses arrive. (Unless your friends are as on the ball as you it’s way easier if you’re on your own or just two of you).
    BTW you could also manage over 14 when Tally had 2 busses running at Inners if you did the same. Did it once after turning up at 10 and still managed a massive burger at lunch. I miss that burger van!

geex
    Free Member

Ps. Anyone know why the drop off the final bridleway into the steep(ish) finish is still blocked? (orange crash netting). Was there last night and it’s been closed now for what seems like months.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, Rigger was who I referred!

As for the burger van, I hear that AU have plans for a food outlet and toilets at Inners too too, I’d imagine they’ll mibbe kick it off after the busy summer months, hopefully.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Uplift Scotland’ is closed to new replies.