Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Uplift resorts in Europe with rain less likely than Morzine? Suggestions….
  • rockhopper70

We are looking at a long weekend in Europe and the last few visits to Morzine have seen poor weather spoiling the fun.
    So, early July, say less than three hours flight, lifts or vans on the ups and decent riding on the downs.
    Guided might be useful if need be.
    Any suggestions or companies to look at?

Thanks.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Les Arcs is the go-to 2nd choice Alpine resort.

There’s a lift network.
    The weather is usually very good (although it was appalling the time I went).

If you like the big freeride / DH tracks of Morzine you might find Les Arcs a bit lacking, the offical trails are good but there’s not nearly as much of it and it takes a bit of planning because you can’t always take the same lift from the bottom of the trail so you sort of zig-zag across the mountains – no bad thing.

If you like off-piste, tight, steep rocky and rooty stuff you’ll be in your element, stay with one of the MTB places and get a guide.

Off the bike stuff is a lot quieter than Morzine / Les Arcs, where we stayed was limited to a single restaurant and a couple of bars. Bourg is busier but it’s a working town rather a resort town like Morzine.

colp

Leogang/Saalbach/Hinterglemm if you are a bit more DH focused than XC

jambalaya
    Free Member

Weather in the mountains is unpredictable (not a shocker), I am not sure Morzine gets more rain than anywhere else.

You might look at Bike Riviera for somewhere further South

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Vallnord Andorra, weather is good in the Pyrenees at that time of year.

sambob
    Free Member

Generally seems to be better in La Thuile/Pila but I’ve no idea if that’s an actual thing or not

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Uplift resorts in Europe with rain less likely than Morzine? Suggestions….’ is closed to new replies.